Hyundai Kona Forum banner

841 - 857 of 857 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts

made my own wind deflector out of plexiglass and painted it flat black. 100% reduction in annoying wind noise from the rack now. Not the most sleak looking upgrade but works amazing.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I haven't seen that brand mat before, nice looking mat.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed my new winter wheel set up this weekend. They are 16x7.5 Motegi MR139 with 215/60R-16 Michelin X-Ice tires:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Plastidip is the easiest way - I would suggest watching a youtube video because it is easier than spray painting but different. And I live in New Mexico, two years in and they still look like I just did them - very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
44 Posts
are people taking these offroad? i have a limited, might try a starter off road, nothing fancy just for fun, i was surpirsed that my kona came with lower profile than i thought it would come with, ill problyt get a beefier tire when my stock wear out

·
Registered
44 Posts
Plastidip is the easiest way - I would suggest watching a youtube video because it is easier than spray painting but different. And I live in New Mexico, two years in and they still look like I just did them - very pleased with the results.
i was ujust curious if he did them on the car or removed then reinstalled thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
i just watched it thats pretty cool thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
are people taking these offroad? i have a limited, might try a starter off road, nothing fancy just for fun, i was surpirsed that my kona came with lower profile than i thought it would come with, ill problyt get a beefier tire when my stock wear out
they arent quite built for offroad, especcially the 1.6l with the type of tranny. its a city suv. using them offroad will destroy them. dirt roads would be fine with better tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
You can take it off road on light "green" rated trails, but nothing more than that. The Kona has a shallow approach angle and only 6.8" of ground clearance, so it's not really meant for off roading. Here is a description of trail ratings:

·
Registered
66 Posts
yesterday all lights were swapped out on my 2019 SE 2.0 AWD with the exception of the front turn signals and the high beams. all bulbs are from Lasfit. all bought on ebay for about half the price of the Lasfit website. i wanted to try these bulbs on the low beam before ordering a second set for the high beams. i thought i ordered the front signal lights but turns out i didn`t. i didn`t take nighttime pics yet but the difference from the incandescence to LED is huge. i`m going to order the last 2 sets of bulbs right away and lighting will be done.

841 - 857 of 857 Posts