Hyundai Kona Forum banner
861 - 880 of 909 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
16 Posts
Thanx. I'm interested to give it ago but not until the car is off warranty.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Thanx. I'm interested to give it ago but not until the car is off warranty.
Just to let you know, Hyundai has looked the other way on those. No one on any Hyundai and Kia sites that I searched before I put mine on has ever had Hyundai and Kia said anything to anyone to warn them about warranty when they have been installed. You are not changing anything, but putting in a tube that deletes turbulent muffler holes. Hyundai will warn/deny you if you change a blow off valve , or wastegate solenoid. I added mine around 1 month after buying my car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Installed an oil catch can using BrewerPete’s bracket, Elite engineering‘s E2 catch can and Damond sports check valve. Used longer lines to ease up on the tight bends. No rough idle noted, engine running normally. Very happy. Special thanks to BrewerPete and his bracket. Very easy install.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Swapped out the stock plugs for Bosch double iridium plugs. Super easy process, and I saved $300 vs doing it through the dealer.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
12 Posts
Today I finally installed my oil catch can, I only connected it to the PCV valve.
I still had it from my i30/Elantra GT, only needed new hose to connect it.
I hope the engine stays clean for a long time now. :)
20210527_182320.jpg
20210527_182326.jpg
20210527_182349.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cleaned it out. I chose to buy a small apple tree... Managed to fit it inside the Kona, but had to vacuum it after that trip!

861 - 880 of 909 Posts