Hyundai Kona Forum banner
961 - 980 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
Joined
·
76 Posts
Today I emptied the oil catch can, after about 10.000km this was the yield.
An aerosol cap full of caramel-colored goo.

Wood Drink Personal protective equipment Electric blue Water
 
  • Wow
Reactions: JRock

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
Joined
·
76 Posts
I think after drinking this espresso you will need a diaper for at least 2 weeks. 🤪
 

·
Registered
2022 Kona N Line & Tech
Joined
·
16 Posts
Not all today, but in the past month:
1. Paint correction, PPF and ceramic coat link
2. Weathertech floor & cargo liners
3. Autodimming/Homelink rearview mirror
4. Center console divider
Mirror Window Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror
White Automotive lighting Light Motor vehicle Automotive design
 

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
Joined
·
76 Posts
what oil catch can did you use? did you use dual cans?
No, I only use one that I have connected to the PCV and that is the front vent connection.
Not much pollution comes out of the rear connection.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Slotted and drilled rotors are more for looks and not as dependable or better than blank rotors..
Drilled rotors are not as strong and are more susceptible to cracking..
Modern brake pads do NOT outgas as much and do not benefit from “escape paths” in the rotor..
Just because the aftermarket makes something that fits... doesn’t mean it’s better or worth buying...
Found this out first hand the hard way thru experience... live and learn..
I would agree with 95% of your statement. As for the remaining 5%,
I was visiting a friend in Malibu, CA a few years ago. Very steep winding hills.
In these conditions people tend to use the brakes so not to over speed. About halfway down the hill I lost my brakes from overheating. Pushed as hard as I could and the car would not slow down. In this case, slotted rotors would have helped. I’m not saying that I shouldn’t have geared down but, at the time I didn’t know I was in trouble until it was too late.
Also, there are people that tow small trailers without brakes. Also, under these conditions I would use slotted rotors.
Just my educated opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,913 Posts
I would agree with 95% of your statement. As for the remaining 5%,
I was visiting a friend in Malibu, CA a few years ago. Very steep winding hills.
In these conditions people tend to use the brakes so not to over speed. About halfway down the hill I lost my brakes from overheating. Pushed as hard as I could and the car would not slow down. In this case, slotted rotors would have helped. I’m not saying that I shouldn’t have geared down but, at the time I didn’t know I was in trouble until it was too late.
Also, there are people that tow small trailers without brakes. Also, under these conditions I would use slotted rotors.
Just my educated opinion.
I don't agree, going from regular smooth rotors to my slotted Frozen Rotors I notice a difference. I used the same aftermarket pads when I switched over so there is no pad material difference of different lot numbers. Going to work I have very long straight exit ramp where I power stop 50% of the time. I gassed out on my smooth rotors where I have minimal to none with the slotted rotors. There where times I would brake hard to make the light and there were a couple times I would crap my pants when gassing out and barely made the turn. If I could not make it I could go straight down the on ramp. I do this when no cars are around and I have the "light to go" at 5:30 AM. Slots have made a drastic difference for me. But I use 99% of max braking, where most don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Share what you did today with the Hyundai Kona community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my Kona!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.


Anything goes!
Saturday, I updated the Nav/GPS software.
 

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
Joined
·
52 Posts
Installed some subtle led lighting in the cabin. No real flat surface under the driver side unless you stick it directly on what looks like a wire box but the strip itself was a little longer so I didn’t want to place it there.

Automotive lighting Purple Rectangle Violet Vehicle door

Automotive lighting Sky Blue Purple Gas
 

·
Registered
2022 Kona N Line & Tech
Joined
·
16 Posts
I added wire mesh to the front grill openings to protect the AC condenser and intercooler from rocks and other debris. The mesh was only $16 from Amazon and is attached to the back of the grill with a bunch of zipties. Removing the front bumper cover is a one-person job after removing 6x10mm bolts and 14xpop-up retainers.
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille
Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Motor vehicle
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
412 Posts
I added wire mesh to the front grill openings to protect the AC condenser and intercooler from rocks and other debris. The mesh was only $16 from Amazon and is attached to the back of the grill with a bunch of zipties. Removing the front bumper cover is a one-person job after removing 6x10mm bolts and 14xpop-up retainers.
View attachment 6690 View attachment 6691
i always thought it was weird cars dont come from the factory like that
 

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
Joined
·
80 Posts
I'm hanging out for the Motorola MA1 to come back into stock. Looks like you can only buy them on Amazon but a number of their sellers won't ship to Australia. Its expensive but the reviews are very good.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
412 Posts
I'm hanging out for the Motorola MA1 to come back into stock. Looks like you can only buy them on Amazon but a number of their sellers won't ship to Australia. Its expensive but the reviews are very good.
i was excited about this till i looked it up, it onlyt supports anrdoid auto sadface
 
961 - 980 of 1005 Posts
Top