Hyundai Kona Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kona Highlander 1.6T
80 Posts
There's a similar product for Apple followers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Newbie here, not much in terms of aftermarket for the N yet but I've installed a SXTH oil catch can, as well as the Hyundai/Rally Armor mud flaps. Blacked out the Hyundai badge as well. Waiting on SXTH to release their Intercooler and Boxed Intake.
Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Auto part

·
Registered
25 Posts
Dash display(where the speed and RPM dials are) is too bright -- how do I adjust? When driving at night it is like two flashlights shining into my eyes. The red theme of the Sport mode is tolerable but the other white theme in the Smart and Normal modes is too bright. I have the brightness down to "1". I'm afraid that I have to cut out a tinted material and cover this area to lower the brightness. Or cut out cardbourd just leaving the speed visible? Where is the adjustment located in the settings? Thank you.

·
Registered
2022 Lunar White Kona N-Line w/Tech
64 Posts
Have had my N-Line for two weeks now and so far to date I have changed out all interior lights to LEDS, center arm rest cargo tray, added a Santa Fe rear view mirror that has BL, HL, Drivers Assist, SOS, Compass, and auto-dim (My N-Line did not have auto-dim or HL), side window vent shades, tinted driver and passenger front windows, eyebrow tint, USB rear charge port, hood lift struts so no more prop rod, and front and rear dash cameras.

I also swapped out the key fob guts into an Ironman key fob I had bought and used on my 2018 Kona Limited.

I have wire mesh to add behind the grill, but will wait until weather is not a threat to pull off the front bumper cover for the install.

Just waiting for N-Line sill plate decals and rubber mats for all flat surfaces to arrive and considering buying "N-Line" center caps, and then I think I am done.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Waiting for the red N this week (wife wanted white). Glad to see there's privacy glass, so only have to tint the front windows. Will do that to the 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy as well. Hey, is a catch can really necessary on this engine, even if driven for the most part sedately? My wife is not going to be redlining that thing, so just curious. I might give it an 'exercise' regimen every so often, but don't plan to abuse it at all either. That 'old' engine does not have dual injection, like the 2.5T on my SF, right? Just to know. But glad it doesn't have the new electronic cooling thermostat system either (I don't like that). Finally, which bulbs need to be changed to LED on the N? I'd like to order them now. I just installed the ones on the SF, and it needed reverse, license plate, rear cargo, and vanities (no glove box light at all, by the way). I expect at least that on the N, plus probably many more. Thanks gang.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got the black wire mesh installed behind the front bumper cover, both the top and bottom openings. Really like the blackened look vs seeing the silver condenser behind the large grill openings of the N-Line. Now to monitor the engine temps to make sure it does not restrict the cooling airflow too much.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Got the black wire mesh installed behind the front bumper cover, both the top and bottom openings. Really like the blackened look vs seeing the silver condenser behind the large grill openings of the N-Line. Now to monitor the engine temps to make sure it does not restrict the cooling airflow too much.
Any before and after pics?

·
Registered
64 Posts
1. Hey, is a catch can really necessary on this engine, even if driven for the most part sedately? My wife is not going to be redlining that thing, so just curious.

2. That 'old' engine does not have dual injection, like the 2.5T on my SF, right? Just to know. But glad it doesn't have the new electronic cooling thermostat system either (I don't like that).

3. Finally, which bulbs need to be changed to LED on the N? I'd like to order them now. I just installed the ones on the SF, and it needed reverse, license plate, rear cargo, and vanities (no glove box light at all, by the way). I expect at least that on the N, plus probably many more. Thanks gang.
1. Actually your engine has its highest vacuum during a decelerations (letting off the gas) and during idle/low engine speed. Oil passing during high boost or spirited driving would be an indication of piston blow by. As for the need... I dont know if it is "needed", but it should not hurt anything to have one installed. BTW I dont have one, yet.

2. Not sure about the N engine as I believe it is a 2.0 and I have a 1.6T (N-Line) and it is direct injection so no fuel to clean the back side of the intake valves.

3. As for LED lights, I forget which I installed, but I can check Amazon to see what I ordered. I do know that one size I ordered was too short, just dont remember which lights it was.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Got the black wire mesh installed behind the front bumper cover
Hey, may I ask what did you have to remove to get there? I'd like to install fiberglass screening, to protect the radiators from bugs and debris. But I haven't been able to do that on my latest vehicles, since it requires removing the bumper, which I'm not willing to do, since it always involves those pesky clips that always break (or get damaged). All I need is access from the top, but the upper radiator cover has been attached to the bumper cover (by those pesky clips too), so couldn't get it done. Hopefully with the Kona it'll be easier. Couldn't do it with the 2021 Palisade, or the 2022 Santa Fe.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, may I ask what did you have to remove to get there? I'd like to install fiberglass screening, to protect the radiators from bugs and debris. But I haven't been able to do that on my latest vehicles, since it requires removing the bumper, which I'm not willing to do, since it always involves those pesky clips that always break (or get damaged). All I need is access from the top, but the upper radiator cover has been attached to the bumper cover (by those pesky clips too), so couldn't get it done. Hopefully with the Kona it'll be easier. Couldn't do it with the 2021 Palisade, or the 2022 Santa Fe.
Taking the front cover off is really very easy, but yes your have to work with those "pesky" clips. four bolts across the top of the cover, about 7 push clips along the bottom front, 3 clips each side, and one bole each side. Once all the fasteners are removed the cover basically just pops off.

Now that I have done it to my Kona, I may attempt it on our 22 Telluride.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you. But may I ask you what's the right method to dislodge the tabs from the bumper cover to the fender? On most cars I've seen, it's almost impossible to pull them out without some damage, since they're like hooks, so they don't come out easy. Your answer will depend if I consider removing it or not. Ha ha. Were you able to remove it with zero damage, meaning it went back in place like factory? They should only have like alignment tabs that have a tight fit, but with no 'hooks'. I also wanted to do the same thing for the 2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy, but would have to find the document like the one you posted. May I ask where you got it? Thanks again for your great help :).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine came apart with zero damage and the cover installed right back in place with all the tabs locking back in.

As for removal, after all fasteners were removed, I pulled out on the sides of the cover and once both sides popped free I would reach down along the bottom of the front and kind of lift it up and out while also.jumping to each parking light surround and pulling out.

Going back together I started with putting the top part in place (no fastners) and then worked both sides and around the lights to pop it all back in.

Really was very easy and it all went back together so no gaps or anything.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thank you for your great help. So to understand the tabs correctly, did you pull the bumper cover out of the fenders straight out, or to the outside? Wish you had taken a picture of the tabs, to understand what I need to do better. But seems like there shouldn't be too much force needed, correct? And do you pull out perpendicular to the fender line? In other words, to pull all tabs at the same time? Or start pulling on the top or bottom tab first, so at an angle? That's the explanation I need. I can figure out the rest, but the freaking tabs are the ones that scare me. Ha ha. At this point, I'm 95% convinced to give it a try :). Just want specific guidance how exactly to pull. Many thanks again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Got it.
Won't connect.
Back it goes!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm hanging out for the Motorola MA1 to come back into stock. Looks like you can only buy them on Amazon but a number of their sellers won't ship to Australia. Its expensive but the reviews are very good.
Got it yesterday but it won't connect. Can't get any product support from either Motorola or Amazon so back it goes for a refund.

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts