Hyundai Kona Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
26 Posts
I'll have to take a look at the hatch next time I think about it. I have noticed that the hatch on the Kona take more effort to close than any of the other hatchbacks I've owned, which were a Honda Fit and a Ford Focus. No major issues, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Kona ev. Same problem. The scary part is that when the tailgate is not fully closed the car and the app think it is securely closed. No indication it is ajar. If this was happening in 2019, I would have expected Hyundai to have addresses it in 2020.
Slight correction. When the car is started it does notify you that the hatch is not closed. The key fob will allow you to lock the car even if hatch is not fully closed and the app car status shows the hatch as closed even though it is partially closed.

·
Super Moderator
1,141 Posts
just got my Kona 2 days ago. This morning when I closed the liftgate it told me it wasn't closed all the way. Problem was I couldn't re-open the liftgate to re-close it. Hit all the proper buttons and tried to man handle it open but it just wouldn't open. Ended up driving the the gym hoping to give a another try in the lighted underground parking. Very annoying warning beeps as I drove. For some reason when I got to the gym the hatch open with no problems. The I got the same issue when I got to work and took my briefcase out of the trunk. Close the hatch and it didn't lock all the way...couldn't get the **** thing open again to fix it. Anyone else have this issue? Bringing it back to the dealer tomorrow to have them look at it.

thanks.
I had this issue before I adjusted the rubber stops on the hatch.. I open the passenger door and unlock all the doors and the hatch releases, then close it properly.. it seems the rear hatch doesn’t accept input once it thinks it’s closed.. it’s strange..

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona SEL
26 Posts
I finally remembered to look at the rubber stops on the rear hatch today. I was able to tighten them both a little bit more, and it closed a lot more easily than it did before.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts