Hyundai Kona Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I just bought these led headlights for my Kona. Were you able to fit the dust covers back on? For some reason I can't fit everything back on
Please refer to point 4. in my post:
"...you won't be able to replace the dust covers as there is not enough space to fit both the old lamp holder and the new LED plug under the dust cover. You have a choice. Either don't replace the dust covers (not recommended, especially if you drive on unsealed roads) or visit your nearest friendly auto electrician. My electrician cut off the old lamp holder and replaced with two female spade connectors. "

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. Seeing as these are the most expensive option I'm not sure if there is a real benefit to keeping these compared to the others. Will most likely return them

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thought I should let you know that I figured it out. You have to remove a tire sidewall panel to get easier access to the socket. With that panel gone, you can maneuver everything to fit with the dust cover. The panel is held together by plastic clips so you would need to push it from inside of the hood but careful where you dont break any of the pieces.

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you get any error code on your dashboard after replacing ur halogens....did u use a decoder or a canbus wiring kit. Please advice. Cheers. Manu

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 Kona Limited. The LED headlights are so bright that I experience road rage every night after dark. Oncoming drivers are flashing their lights and blasting their horns at me. Anyone else have this experience?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts