Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
50k km. Nov 2017 Kona 1.6T (AWD) Elite.
No issue except ... From Day 1 since new, setting Cruise Control can be a bit of a Hit & Miss. 50-70% of the time it works. Other times, flicking the switch on the indicator stalk will not "catch" or fix the desired cruise control speed.

The only remedy is to stop & restart at next set of lights. 99% works & Cruise operates normally after restart. Only once in past 2+ years, that hasn't, and had to restart yet again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2019 SEL currently has 29,000 miles (yes I love to drive a lot and I also have 2 other cars in my stable). Other than routine full synthetic oil changes every 7500-10000 miles, the only repair I have encountered is a tire replacement early last year at around 1,700 miles (nail puncture on the tire sidewall). Discount Tire gave me 50% credit for the exact tire replacement (Nexen) and for peace of mind, I went ahead and purchased road hazard for all 4 tires :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
2019 SEL AWD 2.0 6 spd 4700 miles no issues

Reactions: Green Sub

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have my '19 SEL AWD a year today, and it just hit 13,000 miles this week. It also has had starting issues twice so far, making a grinding noise like the starter gear was not meshing with the flywheel while attempting to start, and the first time it wouldn't start at all at first, then ran very weak for a few seconds before idling normally . It happens so randomly that a dealer would definitely not be able to recreate the issue. The other issue we had was that the TPMS light and warning on the cluster came on last week while my daughter was driving, showing 0 pressure in one of the rear tires, although it had 38 psi, as do all my tires. Otherwise it has been trouble free.

Reactions: Green Sub

·
Registered
139 Posts
2018 60k annual miles. Replaced tires a little over 50k. Brakes at half life. Change oil and filters. Add gas. Keep riding no problems.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2.0 SEL purchased Sept 2019. 8,000 miles and just had second oil change. No rattles, electronic issues, tires are wearing normally, getting expected fuel mileage. Everything just works.

Still as fun to drive as the first day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
12,700 miles. Just had third oil change. Still the same fun car to drive. Still no squeak, rattle, anything... no issues what so ever.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Next month, I will have had my 2018 Kona SEL AWD a full two years, and will soon be at 24K miles...no problems whatsoever, only been to the dealership for scheduled oil changes. Still extremely happy with my Kona, no wind noise, glitches,rattles, any annoyance...pretty impressive for a first year model! :cool:(y)

21 - 34 of 34 Posts