Super Moderator
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • SE: $21,195
  • SEL: $22,995
  • SEL Plus: $24,845
  • Limited: $26,995
  • Ultimate: $28,845
2020 pricing... If this keeps up, I might be able to sell mine for what I paid for it in a year or two..
All these good car reviews have increased the price !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Funny you mention this when I bought my Limited AWD (US) end of Jan the sticker was $27,300 with $1,095 shipping. When I got home and built the same car it was now $27,500 and $1,120 shipping so $225 more plus for whatever reason Hyundai on my sticker didn't add the extra $300 for the Lime Green color so in total I saved another $525 plus getting $2,420 off sticker price. One reason was my car was built in Nov all other Kona's sitting on the lot were built later and had the higher sticker price.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had my 2020 Kona Limited since October and when I checked the trade in value on it earlier this month, although it wasn't worth more than I paid for it, it was worth more than the buyout value on my lease. That's quite surprising.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 2020 Kona Limited so did the trade in value check, dealer retail was $1,000 more than I paid and private party was just about what I paid for it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
List was $33,840 for my 2020 Ultimate with dealer extras. Paper work was $31,330 after rebates and discounts. Plus they gave me way more for my trades (traded 2 cars at $24,000 value) then I ever dreamed they would. No money changed hands. I (almost) feel like I cheated the dealer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Here is a curve ball.......8k off retail? This is a local dealer I shopped a month ago when I paid 33k for mine. Greenkona, looks like you are correct. If I had any idea I could have saved 13k I would have waited a month.
Screenshot_20200331-083809_Firefox.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Kia Seltos SX-T
37 Posts
Here is a curve ball.......8k off retail? This is a local dealer I shopped a month ago when I paid 33k for mine. Greenkona, looks like you are correct. If I had any idea I could have saved 13k I would have waited a month. View attachment 3922

Internet prices usual make you use their financing which has some absurd interest rate or some other crap.. they get their money. Somehow always do.

If its any comparison. The Kia seltos SX (which is the "Ultimate" for us) was 29,355 😶.

But the options it came with were too good to pass up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup internet prices are kind of a scam to get you talking to them. They usually include every possible incentive, like military, college grad, lease, manufactures rebate etc. In the end you never qualify for every one. I'll bet the real discount is like $3-4K.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Somehow I doubt you would walk out for it at that price.. Those "important disclosures" is a dead giveaway.. most likely some lease type thing or something... Enjoy your car..

Here is a curve ball.......8k off retail? This is a local dealer I shopped a month ago when I paid 33k for mine. Greenkona, looks like you are correct. If I had any idea I could have saved 13k I would have waited a month. View attachment 3922

·
Registered
293 Posts
The purpose of all automotive advertising is to get you to come to the dealership. Whether it's honest or accurate or not, doesn't matter to the advertising people. The only thing that matter to them is getting foot traffic, and avoiding breaking any false advertising laws that may exist in each municipality.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Amazing what a difference a month (and a pandemic...) can make. First one has 3,500 miles on it, but the others are all 10 to 100 miles on the odometer. This is the same range I was initially quoted for an AWD Limited back in early December.

Not unrelated: No takers: Hyundai cars sit in U.S. ports as virus keeps buyers away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts