Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

first time poster here. I’m looking to buy/lease a new car and the Hyundai Kona EV has definitely stood out. Went to a dealership yesterday, and for the 2022 Kona EV SEL they had there, with a few accessories that came with it (lo jack, shield guard on the doors, etc), warranty, and some other stuff it came out to about $540/month for a 3 year lease with $2k down. I was expecting/hoping for closer to $400/450 a month. I know the market is nuts right now especially for these cars. Do y’all think the $540/month is a good deal? Thanks for your help!!

M

·
Registered
427 Posts
Try Reddit, this question comes up a lot.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
411 Posts
i dunno, i worked at a car dealership for a couple of years, the finance/leasing/fleet guys told me almost every day, dont ever lease a car. my freinds sister leased a car and had to pay around 3k when returning it at the end. just make sure to read every stipulation very carefully

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone,

first time poster here. I’m looking to buy/lease a new car and the Hyundai Kona EV has definitely stood out. Went to a dealership yesterday, and for the 2022 Kona EV SEL they had there, with a few accessories that came with it (lo jack, shield guard on the doors, etc), warranty, and some other stuff it came out to about $540/month for a 3 year lease with $2k down. I was expecting/hoping for closer to $400/450 a month. I know the market is nuts right now especially for these cars. Do y’all think the $540/month is a good deal? Thanks for your help!!

M
Post your question to Leasehackr.com and check out the forum. I can tell you already what the answer will be. It is not a good deal. I leased an SEL a year ago for $200/month and nothing down.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Post your question to Leasehackr.com and check out the forum. I can tell you already what the answer will be. It is not a good deal. I leased an SEL a year ago for $200/month and nothing down.
It is all relative to what else you can get now in this market. I leased a 2021 Kona EV Ultimate last September for 39 months at $383/month with $0 down after all types of incentives, rebates, etc. Due to lease incentives at the time, leasing was better than buying if you wanted to ultimately buy/own the car in the end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is all relative to what else you can get now in this market. I leased a 2021 Kona EV Ultimate last September for 39 months at $383/month with $0 down after all types of incentives, rebates, etc. Due to lease incentives at the time, leasing was better than buying if you wanted to ultimately buy/own the car in the end.
Exactly. Now isn’t a good time to lease or finance anything, especially vehicles. Rising interest rates, and inventory constraints mean there aren’t many deals to be found.

People laughed at me a year ago when I got an EV and gas was (only) $2/gallon😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts