Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the Hyundai Kona community - purchased a new 2022 Kona SEL about a week ago. Since then, the CarPlay functions have been working intermittently. Sometimes, the system will connect to my phone and navigation, calls, etc will work just fine. Other times, the screen will tell me that it can't connect to my phone. But most of the time, it will all connect, and then cut in and out before eventually refusing to stay connected. Once this has happened, the only way to attempt for the CarPlay to work again is to turn off the car and restart my phone. I've also noticed that in certain areas of the city, CarPlay always disconnects from my phone.

I've tried every "fix" I can find. Resetting wifi, bluetooth, unpairing and re-pairing, etc, etc, etc. Tried updating the software, but I get a "no supported files" notice when I click update. The USB stick I'm using is properly formatted and has the most up to date files on it from the NavUpdater application.

The dealership was less than helpful during a phonecall last week - basically saying that the problem is between Hyundai tech department and Apple, and that they wouldn't do anything to help.

I'm at wits end. It's really souring the taste of what I feel would be an incredible vehicle otherwise.

Thanks for any help or advice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The wireless CarPlay uses a combination of Bluetooth and Wifi for the connection - Wifi is mostly used for the screen projection, while Bluetooth handles the calls. The Bluetooth is necessary for the connection. If Bluetooth is unpaired, then Wireless CarPlay is automatically unpaired as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem. It works fine for several weeks, then it will break connection for a second or two five or six times in a song. Three times it has broken connection and will not reconnect even though i turn the WiFi and bluetooth off, restart the phone, remove all the connections from the phone and it still doesn't reconnect. Then the next day it is fine, and it works for a week or so, then it messes up again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone found a way to fix this problem? I have had my wits end with it not connecting when I need it too. I want my maps on my dash and this past weekend I had to drive without my CarPlay working and look at my phone for directions on a 3 hour drive. It’s ridiculous. It works then doesn’t work. Did a whole reboot on my phone and car. The next day it connected perfectly. Then I turned off the wireless projection and my car does not let me use a wire to connect to CarPlay. There has to be some workaround. To offer a feature and it be limited to when it wants to work is not cool. I have a 2022 Kona SEL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts