Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So of course a stone chipped windshield a d safelight attempted to fill but it started to crack worse....now I am looking at a new windshield..minus my $500.00 deductible! I’m in ohio..curious how people feel about an OEM FROM SAFELIGHT.?

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
So of course a stone chipped windshield a d safelight attempted to fill but it started to crack worse....now I am looking at a new windshield..minus my $500.00 deductible! I’m in ohio..curious how people feel about an OEM FROM SAFELIGHT.?
Do you have the safety pack? (LKA ETC)

They need to be re-calibrated when a new windshield is installed.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
They're fine as long so you have them install an OEM windshield. Yes and it's easier for your dealer to get everything completed to ensure the systems are working as required.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for input..Dealer told me they subcontract it out..and calibrate...I need to find out if dealer does any checking after install.

·
Registered
165 Posts
As long as its covered I wouldn't be worried. Also with newer cars its never a good idea to hold onto them for too long.

Once I get my Kona i'm not planning to hold on for too many years, 2-3 tops.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Ditto! They generally contract all windshields out but they are done at the dealership. So when you pick it up you can quickly access the repair. Make sure they utilize an OEM unit, as I've specified before.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Priced out OEM WINDSHIELD. 714.00 with tax...none to be had till at least the middle of November...I have decided to sit tight..hopefully no further cracking this winter...guess I’m just not ready to chance damage to my paint for a windshield replacement. Will keep fingers crossed it holds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts