Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Kona Ultimate, under 500 miles and drove it home in a light snow storm with slush on the roads and got an FCA sensor blocked message. Not sure if there is something wrong, or if I am supposed to get out occasionally and scrape the snow off the front grill or where ever the sensor is. Anyone know where Hyundai placed it? Maybe it's on the windscreen with the Lane Assist cameras or part of the same system?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
It's on the Lower front grill, right in the middle. Little rectangular black box.

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
274 Posts
It's on the Lower front grill, right in the middle. Little rectangular black box.
Thanks for the Picture JR KONA

They are sadly not heated, I have been told RainX works or one of the "Never Wet" type products will work to keep it reasonably clear with sleet and snow.
If you go driving though heavy snow, you have no chance without it being heated.

Not an issue for me here at the moment, I just got back and it's 31C (88F)

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Good tip to put on Ran X. It''s summer for you gents.:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
297 Posts
OK, but just remember that it won't activate unless it senses a probable imminent collision.

Does your ACC work? It uses the same sensors (camera and radar).
FYI, Gasoline models in the USA don't have Adaptive Cruise Control. Adaptive Cruise Control is only on the Ultimate EV version of the Kona in the USA, at least according to the Kona Brochure from Hyundai.

·
Registered
128 Posts
FYI, Gasoline models in the USA don't have Adaptive Cruise Control.
Really??!! I do have the EV Ultimate model, but assumed that the ICE models have it, too.

I would never buy a car now without ACC. I got spoiled with my other car, and it is fantastic in heavy stop and go freeway traffic. Really makes the drive more relaxing,... and safer. I consider this to be the most important/useful Driver Assist feature.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Really??!! I do have the EV Ultimate model, but assumed that the ICE models have it, too.

I would never buy a car now without ACC. I got spoiled with my other car, and it is fantastic in heavy stop and go freeway traffic. Really makes the drive more relaxing,... and safer. I consider this to be the most important/useful Driver Assist feature.
Agreed that it is the most useful feature in the newest models. We would not have purchased the Kona Limited if we ever intended to drive it any significant distance on the highway/freeway. It's just an errand runner for us around town, and we don't even get into any kind of traffic to speak of here in Wisconsin.

Also keep in mind most Kona's in the USA are selling well below $30k (we paid ~$24K for our Limited FWD) and at those prices, some cool features are definitely missing.

Our highway touring car on the other hand has just about everything on it and we've driven it 1,200 miles in 2 days without any fatigue. The wheel base on the Kona is just was too short for that kind of travel, unless of course you driving where the roads are virtually perfect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What does the sensor look like in the grill and how do you turn it on?

Mine looks like and electric wire connected to a plug.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What does the sensor look like in the grill and how do you turn it on?

Mine looks like and electric wire connected to a plug.
Just found this out: on the 2019 models only the Ultimate has a radar sensor in the grill and it's a large black rectangle in the middle of the lower grill. All other models have just the camera mounted in the windshield box.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts