Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Kona 2.0 AWD Preferred (canadian, not sure what it translates to) and I was looking under the hood to find where I could possibly run an amp cable from my battery into the cabin? I'm hoping to install a small subwoofer and amp, but I really don't want to cut/drill/remove anything I was hoping there's a grommet I can't see or a sneaky passthrough spot. I don't want to get too crazy with removing interior panels like the dash etc but I am comfortable doing some of that. I'm also curious if anyone has found a good place for the 12v remote wire?

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
671 Posts
There is a pass through near the top of the dash, along the firewall. On engine side, you would need to disconnect battery and computer to reach it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a pass through near the top of the dash, along the firewall. On engine side, you would need to disconnect battery and computer to reach it.
I'll take a peek at it. Is it hidden from view if I don't remove the battery/computer? once I do get to it, do I need to disassemble the dash to route it through to the cabin?

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
671 Posts
I'll take a peek at it. Is it hidden from view if I don't remove the battery/computer? once I do get to it, do I need to disassemble the dash to route it through to the cabin?

Yes its hidden from view. If you have a mirror, you should be able to see it. You wont have to take the dash apart, easiest way is to pass the wire from engine compartment to area under the dash and then just pull the rest through.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes its hidden from view. If you have a mirror, you should be able to see it. You wont have to take the dash apart, easiest way is to pass the wire from engine compartment to area under the dash and then just pull the rest through.
I went out and took a look, I don't see the passthrough easily but I do see a cable running through it, found the interior side of it as well, thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can/should attach the 12v remote power wire for the output converter and amp?

·
Registered
53 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts