Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just acquired a 2019 Ultimate and love it! This is my first post on the Forum.
I live in Canada and will need to swap on winter tires, and will need to purchase another set rims.
Does anyone know what the wheel offset is? I know the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, but need to know the offset before buying new rims. Thank you in advance.
.....Rickker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Kiwi, thank you for responding, but the link "View attachment 4357" does not open on my system. Could you try posting the pic again, or just report what is displayed on the inside? Thank you. ......Rickker

·
Registered
145 Posts
It is not just the offset to consider with new rims but also the clearance of the calipers. On the EV, the rear calipers are larger. May need to go to ET 48 and more poke. In any case, confirm fitment before buying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is not just the offset to consider with new rims but also the clearance of the calipers. On the EV, the rear calipers are larger. May need to go to ET 48 and more poke. In any case, confirm fitment before buying.
Thanks, that's good advice especially since I want to go down to a 16" rim and use taller 205/65R16 tires to achieve pretty close to the same revs/mile. .....Rickker

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks, that's good advice especially since I want to go down to a 16" rim and use taller 205/65R16 tires to achieve pretty close to the same revs/mile. .....Rickker
If you go to smaller rims, don't be afraid to go lower with your offset. A little poke is OK. You can always add mud flaps if you are concerned about dirt getting past your fenders. Also, the calipers can be shaved a bit if the fit is too close. I had that done on my other car when I installed off-road tires/wheels. Calipers are cast steel and often have burrs and proud points. A reputable tire shop will do that for you. They know what is safe and not, and will paint them to looking original again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ya we are planning on stepping down to 16s as well.
We need All terrain tires. We live down a long dirt road, gets quite muddy at times.
Looking at Sparco Terra et 45 16x7 5x114.3 with some General Grabbers 215/65/r16

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put these on mine, work great in the winter and rims and tires were cheaper than 18" snow tires:
American Racing AR904 16x7 rims
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 215/65R16 tires

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, just acquired a 2019 Ultimate and love it! This is my first post on the Forum.
I live in Canada and will need to swap on winter tires, and will need to purchase another set rims.
Does anyone know what the wheel offset is? I know the bolt pattern is 5x114.3, but need to know the offset before buying new rims. Thank you in advance.
.....Rickker
go to tirerack. com they have all the info, and great winter tire prices sent to your installer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all for your replies. I was lucky to find a set of Hyundai rims, with a 53 mm offset. Not sure which model they were used on, but I reckon that 3 mm more is negligible. Also purchased a slightly used set of Bridgestone Blizzaks, so I am all set for the winter season. Thanks again, and over and out on this subject. .....Rickker

·
Registered
Kona Electric, EU base with HP
41 Posts
Just noting that it sets the scrub radius on the front steering geometry, which is perhaps on the order of 10 to 15mm or so. So, rather than think of it as a change of 3 out of 50, it's more like 3 out of 10 to 15. But even at that magnitude I doubt there would be any noticeable downsides.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts