Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a 2021 SEL Plus and I'm looking to upgrade my wheels/tires. I would love the 15 inch Black Rhino Unit wheels and everything seems to match up to fit on the Kona, but they have a 15+ offset and I'm wondering if that would be okay? Most wheels I see are 35+ offset and above so I'm a little curious to see if the offset will be a problem.

Here is the wheel in question: Black Rhino Unit Wheel, 15x7 with 5 on 4.5 Bolt Pattern - Black - 1570UNT155114M76

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I would not run them, they would be pushed to far inward. They would not look right on the car

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Unless you do "spacers" right, don't do them. The best way is all new ARP longer studs $$$ with a hub centric lipped spacer or high $$ QUALITY German Eibach or equivalent QUALITY spacers. Crap/cheap Ebay and Amazon, spacers NO. I would just let these rims go and pick a proper sized rim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you do "spacers" right, don't do them. The best way is all new ARP longer studs $$$ with a hub centric lipped spacer or high $$ QUALITY German Eibach or equivalent QUALITY spacers. Crap/cheap Ebay and Amazon, spacers NO. I would just let these rims go and pick a proper sized rim.
Well yes, no way I'm getting eBay spacers lmao.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How meaty of a tire are you planning on running? A 15 seems really small for a Kona.
I'm looking to get either BFGoodrich T/A KO2's or Falken Wildpeak A/T. Haven't decided the exact size but definitely would like something hefty.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would not run them, they would be pushed to far inward. They would not look right on the car
Wouldn't they be pushed outward? I though the offset represented the dimension between the center of the rim and the hub. Meaning a lower number moves the rim further out.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Wouldn't they be pushed outward? I though the offset represented the dimension between the center of the rim and the hub. Meaning a lower number moves the rim further out.

You are right, I brain farted by just looking at the picture. Skip the wheel spacers, the 15 offset rims alone wont fit either. Even with a spring lift kit you will crush your fenders with a 15 offset with offroad tires.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It's the opposite. Lower = closer to the hub.
James is right, I know because I have 12 mm hub centric spacers coming and I already have the longer ARP studs in the garage. I know my rear rims are perfect at +45 on a 8.5 inch rim with a flush and my fronts with lowering it 2 inches have pulled in the rims by about 10 mm with the swing of the control arm arc. I can't feel any bumpsteer (thanks God). so I will set them out by a 12mm spacer. IF I can get the studs past the knuckle. So to make my car look correctly I should have +35 offset in the front and it is now perfect with 45+ offset in the rear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's the opposite. Lower = closer to the hub.
According to this a higher offset moves the rim inwards towards the vehicle and a lower number moves it outward. So rim with 0 offset will sit further out than an offset of 30.

·
Registered
68 Posts
James is right, I know because I have 12 mm hub centric spacers coming and I already have the longer ARP studs in the garage. I know my rear rims are perfect at +45 on a 8.5 inch rim with a flush and my fronts with lowering it 2 inches have pulled in the rims by about 10 mm with the swing of the control arm arc. I can't feel any bumpsteer (thanks God). so I will set them out by a 12mm spacer. IF I can get the studs past the knuckle. So to make my car look correctly I should have +35 offset in the front and it is now perfect with 45+ offset in the rear.
According to this a higher offset moves the rim inwards towards the vehicle and a lower number moves it outward. So rim with 0 offset will sit further out than an offset of 30.

yeah, I had edited as I too was having a brain fart.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts