Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove home my new 2020 se and the head lights are terrible. I have had this car 4 hours and need to upgrade the headlights now. Please share any info to fix this. I am thinking light bar behind grill. Looks like the factory bulbs are a pain to access.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I reaimed mine as follows:full tank of gas,even tire pressure on all tires, phillips head screwdriver, measuring tape, park on flat ground facing a wall/garage door. Turn lights on & look for the top line of each light, moving fwd/bak until each light is seperately measurable. 24.7" is the mfg spec for top line. The adj screw is on top of light assmbly in a little cup w/ U & D marked by an arched line w/directional arrowhead. Turn the screw until top line is 24.75" from the ground.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
BTW my lo beam orig meas were L 22"+ & R 23"+ @ top line, quite a few turns up to 24.75" top line meas but OK now. I did e-m Hyundai w/my fix & also recommended DRL's @ continuous full bright to fill in add'l dim spots over top line.:devilish:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Greetings welcome and congratulations

Here's a forum search for "headlight" they cover just about everything related to headlights (halogen, led, hid, and upgraded halogen).

You should read all the posts, good info, wrong info etc. Some of the recomended adapters for SE SEL will not work and for some reason I haven't seen a "these worked for me" post :unsure:.
RC51 did post a screen shot of the bulb/adapters he used but I can't read what they are on my tablet o_O.
I don't have any first hand knowledge for the SE and SEL halogen bulbs, we have a 2018 limited.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i have converted my past 2 cars to led headlights. After driving with nice white light like 70% of the other cars out there it's hard if not impossible to go back to candle light like the stock halogen in the 2020 kona se. Kona takes a H7 bulb why all the chat of this not working. H7 out H7 in if there is a adataper it should be on the original bulb that can be removed and installed on the new H7 led. I see that to change any bulb is not easy there is no room to work and there are panels that can be opened by drilling out rivets from the wheel well to access the headlights. Would love to find as others on this site and maybe all over the Kona world. How to change and upgrade kona headlights.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just drove home my new 2020 se and the head lights are terrible. I have had this car 4 hours and need to upgrade the headlights now. Please share any info to fix this. I am thinking light bar behind grill. Looks like the factory bulbs are a pain to access.
I also have an SE. I bought Sirius led bulbs and adapter rings, and haven't looked back.😁

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought the lasfit kit 10 min install and way better light.
Still not happy need fog/driving lights also. Any info on add on driving/fog lights?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't see the point of the fog lights, the main lights are already lower because of the drl over setup and it seems like they are just asking to be taken out by a curb or anything you might hit in the road.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought the lasfit kit 10 min install and way better light.
Still not happy need fog/driving lights also. Any info on add on driving/fog lights?
10 minute install is what I want to hear! Two questions I can't find clear answers to:
  1. Can you fit the dust caps back on with the LED bulbs in place?
  2. Minimal way to get access to replace the bulbs, preferably without dismantling/removing extra items from the engine bay.
I think item 2 is unrealistic but I'm asking anyway.

Thanks,
Ross.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
10 minute install is what I want to hear! Two questions I can't find clear answers to:
  2. Minimal way to get access to replace the bulbs, preferably without dismantling/removing extra items from the engine bay.

Thanks,
Ross.
[

Thanks,
Ross.
No tools. Yes i got the dust caps back on. And it only took 10 min.
I have no connection with lasfist and as stated they are good not great like other led kits I have installed in other vehicles. I Have Xl hands and had to do some fussing to get plug back in so dust cap would fit the 4 to 8 o clock position worked with some wiggle. Also the plug from the lasfit lights fits into the kona light on the other side of the outlet. not the oem side.
Also i adjusted headlights up 4 turns. Now I am looking to add fog/driving lights any help?
20191030_211155.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced the crappy halogens with LEDs on my 2019 SEL electric. I ended up taking the front wheel off so that I can open up the wheel liner. Super easy after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like high beams are a different story. Passenger side is blocked by wiper fluid reservoir i see no way around this.
Still looking for advice on non oem add on driving lights.
This site has been very helpful thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts