Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So apparently yesterday at some point a bird crapped on my car. There was a big piece on the passenger front door right under the window trim. I cleaned it off as soon as I got home, but it had already hardened, so it was a little harder to get off. After I cleaned it off I noticed there's still a stain in the pattern of the splat. I tried bug/tar remover and that didn't work, so I just put a layer of wax over it.

I assume I'm on my own as I'm sure the paint warranty won't cover anything like this. Anyone know?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Kona Prime, unless you opted for the Platinum warranty plan, I'm sorry to say you are on your own. Generally, you need only to clean the area well with alcohol first to remove old wax and use a bit of polishing compound only to blend in the spot. Then re-wax by hand and polishing with preferable an orbital buffer. This will keep you from damaging the clear coat by distributing the buffing area over a larger surface. The buffer will add a bit of friction your arm and hand cannot, helping the wax to blend and cover the area much better.

If you don't feel confident or comfortable doing it yourself, take it to a reputable automotive detailer. They can fix the issue quite easily and safely for a nominal fee.

Was there any bubbling in the clear coat at all?

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No bubbling. I have to decide what I want to do. I used to detail cars on the side. Was pretty good at it, but I haven't done it in a LONG time and don't really have the necessary tools or expertise anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts