Hyundai Kona Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
NJ area, searching for a new vehicle, different brand, and using the internet for prices ended up a joke half the time. Had dealers half ass agree, get there, and they start dancing about looking for one, or ordering one, and then stating you have to negotiate with finance dept. ! Another sales manager said yes to price, got there and then said I have to work with a salesman, who thought $300 off list price was to much ! Also NJ area has a contract stating you forfeit any legal law rights of sueing the dealership, and agree to their third party nogiation ! So many people never read the contract !

·
Registered
69 Posts
NJ area, searching for a new vehicle, different brand, and using the internet for prices ended up a joke half the time. Had dealers half ass agree, get there, and they start dancing about looking for one, or ordering one, and then stating you have to negotiate with finance dept. ! Another sales manager said yes to price, got there and then said I have to work with a salesman, who thought $300 off list price was to much ! Also NJ area has a contract stating you forfeit any legal law rights of sueing the dealership, and agree to their third party nogiation ! So many people never read the contract !
Yep, the tri-state NY/NJ/CT (and parts of PA) dealers are a pain to work with. I should have learned my lesson the last time I bought a car, but I figured I would try. Never again. Next time I'm in the market for a new car I'm automatically going out of state, the week or so I spent dealing with local salespeople was a complete waste of my time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2020 Kona Ultimate AWD w/options (cross bars + carpet mats)
$30,245 MSRP
$385 - Options
$1851 Dealer Discount
$28,779 after discount price
$2,669 CA local taxes
$524 CA Title + registration
$31,972 out the door

The same dealer also listed on true car ~$28400 but this was including the $1250 Hyundai rebate which was not valid if you went for the 0.9%/60 month financing instead.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really dislike .... not hate working with car dealerships. Been looking at getting a new 2019 Kona Limited FWD. One dealership 'seemed' to have a good price online and even though I didn't qualify for all the discounts -- first responder, military, college -- i figured roughly what tax/license was and thought ok -- let's go take the $50 test drive -- took along my title for my 2012 Veloster -- just in case. Of course, after the drive - they wanted to sit down and then the other fees and dealer add-ons showed up and soon they were $3k+ over what i had figured ... and they told me my V was worth $2K there.... I wasn't surprised at the low-ball trade. So I left

And went to contacting dealers in the area online -- One has a Thunder Gray with the light gray seats --- anyone have light gray --- I wonder if they get dirty quickly --- their last offer was $26265 - everything - all dealer adds tax license registration fee, etc.

Another has lime twist --- at currently they are at $27k - everything.

Both still seem to high -- any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
I really dislike .... not hate working with car dealerships. Been looking at getting a new 2019 Kona Limited FWD. One dealership 'seemed' to have a good price online and even though I didn't qualify for all the discounts -- first responder, military, college -- i figured roughly what tax/license was and thought ok -- let's go take the $50 test drive -- took along my title for my 2012 Veloster -- just in case. Of course, after the drive - they wanted to sit down and then the other fees and dealer add-ons showed up and soon they were $3k+ over what i had figured ... and they told me my V was worth $2K there.... I wasn't surprised at the low-ball trade. So I left

And went to contacting dealers in the area online -- One has a Thunder Gray with the light gray seats --- anyone have light gray --- I wonder if they get dirty quickly --- their last offer was $26265 - everything - all dealer adds tax license registration fee, etc.

I have the light gray interior.. Looks great and no issues with dirt or wear after 1 year.. That price include ur trade in or without.. $26K OTD seems about right for a limited fwd.. 19 or 2020 ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the light gray interior.. Looks great and no issues with dirt or wear after 1 year.. That price include ur trade in or without.. $26K OTD seems about right for a limited fwd.. 19 or 2020 ?
Thanks for response. It is 2019 and without a trade. Thought if I go in - I would see if they would give me at least 3K for my V at that price

·
Registered
26 Posts

Where are you located and what is your search radius? I agree it seems a bit high but depends on location. What is MSRP on the sticker? We were able to get 4 quotes (Ltd AWD w/ NY taxes/tags) out the door for at least 1k under MSRP last year. All were out of state though.

Light gray interior (2018 model, bought last november) is very nice, adds a little more character to the interior. No noticeable dirt or wear after a year.

·
Registered
20 Posts
2020 Limited AWD, silver with grey interior. Was the exact spec my wife wanted, only one in a three-state radius of northern Virginia. $25.5k + TTL. Negotiated via email, went in to inspect the vehicle, sign, and drove off. Easy peasy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Located around the Tampa area. I told them all I was taking a trip out of town so I might talk to them in a week or two

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yesterday, I bought a brand new 2019 Kona SEL AWD in New Jersey, with about 18% off the MSRP of $24550, basically selling price of $19900 plus $400 (dealer doc fee). I think I got a pretty good deal :) after shopping around with multiple dealers and with enough patience.

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to the forum !

Yesterday, I bought a brand new 2019 Kona SEL AWD in New Jersey, with about 18% off the MSRP of $24550, basically selling price of $19900 plus $400 (dealer doc fee). I think I got a pretty good deal :) after shopping around with multiple dealers and with enough patience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats.

I am planning to buy the exact same model.
Could you please share the dealer information?
Many thanks~!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2019 Kona FWD Ultimate $23,400+TTL after $2000 rebate.
Ultra Pearl Black. Black interior.
Just got the windows tinted and purchased tuxmats.
Any tips on how to keep the paint looking great appreciated?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Certain I didn't get the best price but it wasn't too painful (I hate buying cars).
Negotiated via email&phone, paid cash.
Dealer was about an hour and a half away and they brought the car to me, which was helpful.

State: California
Trim: 2020 SEL AWD
Options: Red w black top, floor mats
MSRP: 23300 + 1095 Destination/Freight = 24930 (sticker)
Approx Amounts: Car ($23000) + Taxes ($2000), registration ($350), Dealer fees ($200)
$1500 rebate
They adjusted the above numbers to get me out the door for $24000 even.

·
Registered
157 Posts
State: Illinois
Trim: Ultimate AWD (Thunder Gray)
Options: Mats, cargo net
MSRP: 30,355
Price: 29,600
$1,500 dealer discount, $1,500 hyundai rebate

·
Registered
15 Posts
Province: Ontario
Trim: Essential (SE in USA)
Options: AWD $2,000; Tangerine Paint $200; Cargo mat $207
MSRP: $23,733
  • Del/Dest: $25,543
  • tax: $28,864
Price: $26,522 , includes $500 Military Discount.

Had to go to 3 dealers in Ottawa and went back to the original one for this price. Next closest dealer price was $400 higher. Told that guy I'nm gonna drive 10 mins and save that $400. He outright said the other dealer was lying at that price. So I go to the other dealer, tell him this, and he throws in the floor mats for free (I tried for snow tires lol). Downside is we have to wait 6-8 weeks for the car to arrive.

·
Registered
157 Posts
State: Illinois
Trim: Ultimate AWD (Thunder Gray)
Options: Mats, cargo net
MSRP: 30,355
Price: 29,600
$1,500 dealer discount, $1,500 hyundai rebate
I'd also like to say that I went to my local (literally next to my house) dealer who wanted to sell the same Kona I have (but with lime accents) for sticker or over sticker. (wanted that regardless of colors). Make sure you shop around and find the best deal. I drove 50 miles down state to get mine and saved thousands.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts