Hyundai Kona Forum banner

What did you do to your Hyundai Kona today?

324K views 1K replies 138 participants last post by  Mrak 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Hyundai Kona community!

Example: Went ot the dealership and picked up my Kona!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Detailed the the interior and applied leather protectant on the seats.

Anything goes!

#3 ·
1. Sport Pedals ordered and should be here today.

2. Ordered hood struts.

3. Cargo mat installed.

4. Mud guards ordered.

5. Set appointment for Clear Bra

6. Ordering Jun BL Exhaust and SYSTEM Upgrade Intake today, maybe tomorrow.

7. Ordering running board kick plates.

More to come.

#5 ·
1. Alloy Pedals are installed.

2. Hyundai Window Sunshades are on order thru the Hyundaishop.

3. Mudguards are on order. HyundaiShop

4. Alloy valve stem caps are on order. HyundaiShop

5. Covercraft UV100 Sunshade on order.

6. Hyundai Wheel Locks on order. HyundaiShop

7. Clear Bra set for later this month.

Waiting for the rest to install.

More coming.

Reactions: Scrat
#8 ·
#519 ·
Got mine from this guy on eBay too. They are genuine Hyundai parts and in factory packaging! Not bad for $16 when the dealer ask for $129 yikes! :surprise:
Install was under 2 min out in a snow storm.

Reactions: habs33
#11 ·
Good on you for claying first. Allot of people don't and later regret not doing it. Some don't know about claying at all.

Reactions: JeauxKing
#15 ·
K & N installed and is quite a bit thinner than the OEM Unit. Definitely less restriction with the K & N. No noticeable increase in intake noise, thought the engine feels more responsive. I can't say for sure about whp increase unless dynoed but seat of the pants does feel a more responsive engine. The OEM unit is nearly two inches thicker in depth. One of the only other ways to tell is to do a 0-60 timed acceleration tees with both filters. That's in the works once it quits raining and clears up.

Please keep in mind, I'm at over 5700 ft above sea level. So results my vary for others.

#17 ·
Window deflectors are received.
Mudguards are received.
Wheel Locks are received.

Installation next.

#18 ·
Everything installed except for the Window Deflectors. Getting too hot in the garage so, I'll do them tomorrow and post photos. Mud guards took about 15 minutes. Took my time and used the correct tools. Everything there to accomplish installation without any problems.

#19 ·
Which window deflectors did you get? I'm going to need some for mine.

Took my Kona for a drive with a friend to show it to him. We ended up on a long back country gravel road that I wasn't familiar with but no issues - the car handled it fine. I was noticing an annoying rattle but realized after awhile it was my sunglasses rattling in the sunglass holder, lol.

#21 · (Edited)
The more expensive Hyundai OEM Units. These are the best units I've seen. They have both 3M adhesive and metal brackets which hold them in place. They are a heavier grade of Lexan and they can be purchased thru the hyundaishop.com for $195.00 instead of the $250 that most Hyundai OEM Accessory Dealers sell them for. Hyundai Kona Rain Guards | Hyundai Shop

The instructions are on the same page in a PDF. They are really simple to install, just follow the instructions that are provided. If you need any help just holler.

We have them installed on our Genesis G80 and they're very well built.

#23 ·
Lamin-X has the precut units available already.

3m Bra Being installed today while I type.

#25 ·
Front end Bra and Headlight covers complete. Still have to do the Wind Deflectors but that will come in the next few days.

#26 ·
Hood Strut Hydraulic Strut Rods on the way.

Interior Armrest Storage Box Organizer Holder received and installed.

#27 ·
1: Got the Car

2: Pulled out the "AutoLink" to get into fuse box(pretty much a bluetooth OBD thing)

3: Wired in DashCam Power and ran the dashcams (front and read)

I don't have further pictures of the dashcam install, kept cutting my fingers on the seams of the car and got frustrated :p

Pedals and LED's should all arrive this week!

#34 ·
I will post pictures not that you will see much.:smile_big: The company is called the Tint and Trim Factory 4900 Jefferson St NE # D, Albuquerque, NM. The Tint & Trim Factory

Got the hood strut rod kit in today, so I will probably install it Saturday and post all the photos of current upgrades.:smile: