Hyundai Kona Forum banner
921 - 940 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
I would hope so. I saw this GTI on youtube with a crap ton of carbon deposits just @10k miles. The can was a very easy install, takes about 5 minutes to take off incase you want to take the car in for warranty stuff.
What year gti? My mkvii barely had any at 60k, not enough to warrant a blasting, the pcv on it was great and made catch cans useless. Most would install it and never have it fill at all

·
Registered
100 Posts
Update on the Takeda intake: quite a bit of boost in the low end power compared to stock/cone filter (the cone filter lost a lot of power on the low end but gained about 3mpg compared to stock) I use the car in manual mode 100% of the time and now i have to shift much faster to 2nd gear etc, compared to stock and gained about 1-2mpg with a somewhat controlled driving 14 miles to the gym. Very happy with the purchase :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Update on the Takeda intake: quite a bit of boost in the low end power compared to stock/cone filter (the cone filter lost a lot of power on the low end but gained about 3mpg compared to stock) I use the car in manual mode 100% of the time and now i have to shift much faster to 2nd gear etc, compared to stock and gained about 1-2mpg with a somewhat controlled driving 14 miles to the gym. Very happy with the purchase :)
Thank you for the update! I have been considering this intake for a while. I like how it has an OEM look and isolated filter housing. Did you notice any difference in sound?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thank you for the update! I have been considering this intake for a while. I like how it has an OEM look and isolated filter housing. Did you notice any difference in sound?
No difference in sound, pretty quiet. If you like the turbo sounds, i guess the injen would be for you. It got old pretty quick for me.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
No difference in sound, pretty quiet. If you like the turbo sounds, i guess the injen would be for you. It got old pretty quick for me.

Same way with the BOV open to atmosphere.

·
Registered
202 Kona N Line w/ tech package on 19in Konig Ampliforms
139 Posts
Keep getting these scratches on the backside of my steering wheel, so old man cover went on. At least it goes with the interior and feels good under-hand. . . and got a bath.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
23 Posts
Last week I installed the RaceChip XLR pedal controller in the Kona, the engine now responds much faster to the accelerator pedal without delay.
It is adjustable (bleutooth and manual) to 7 positions and my "favorite" is sport+, this is position 5.
I placed the controller under the handbrake.

White Light Automotive design Car Black

I had already installed the RaceChip RS from April and I really like it, so much power and torque, even in eco mode.
According to RaceChip 218hp and 344Nm torque with the chip, standard 177hp and 265Nm torque.
I drive a lot with a boat trailer and it's going great now.
These 2 in combination with the resonator delete and the Pipercross air filter really makes a big difference, no turbo lag and more than enough power.
I think I'm done for now. :D :ROFLMAO:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
143 Posts
Last week I installed the RaceChip XLR pedal controller in the Kona, the engine now responds much faster to the accelerator pedal without delay.
It is adjustable (bleutooth and manual) to 7 positions and my "favorite" is sport+, this is position 5.
I placed the controller under the handbrake.

View attachment 5942

I had already installed the RaceChip RS from April and I really like it, so much power and torque, even in eco mode.
According to RaceChip 218hp and 344Nm torque with the chip, standard 177hp and 265Nm torque.
I drive a lot with a boat trailer and it's going great now.
These 2 in combination with the resonator delete and the Pipercross air filter really makes a big difference, no turbo lag and more than enough power.
I think I'm done for now. :D :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 5943
how safe it that tuner chip? ive always been hesitant towards those

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's safe trust me.
If a company like RaceChip puts a product on the market that is not safe, they would no longer exist.
RaceChip has been the market leader together with DTE for years when it comes to so-called piggyback tuning.
This is the third car for me in which I install a tuning box and I have never had any problems with it.
Even my own official Hyundai dealer installs such a tuning box at the request of the customer if he or she is not completely satisfied with the standard power of his or her new car.

When I bring my car to the garage for maintenance, I don't even take it out, which many do because the dealer is not allowed to see the tuning box. :whistle:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
GlacerKona's RaceChip's hardware is made by DTE Systems. They make 70% to 80% of all the Euro/Asian piggybacks in the world. Some of their hardware are used by Race Chip, Sixth Element, TDI, DTUK, VR tuning/Vivid Racing and GAN Tuning. They are basically safe, but your risk still goes up a couple percent. You need to run 91 to 93 octane as long as you have it turned on. You pull them before you go to the dealer. The most aggressive piggyback is Burger Tuning. But that comes with more risk. Don't waste your time and money with Spitfire chip tuning, they are Ebay junk.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Luckily I live in the Netherlands and here we only have 95 or 98. ;)
We don't have 91 or 93 in Europe.

View attachment 5949
Yea, their is a conversion from euro octane to USA octane.

Your 98 would be 93.5 here.

Your 95 would be 91 here.

IF you had our USA 87 octane which Hyundai says to runs on all it's crap tuned turbo cars ( even the N cars) it would be 91/92 YOUR octane rating, which I don't think you have there. So you are safe with any fuel off that pump with exception of the diesel.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do you guys have yearly ispections or TUV there, where you have to get approved parts or pay a parts fee?
Yes, we certainly have, but that is for cars from 4 years old and then annually.
Parts simply through the dealer or the internet.
Remember the warranty of 5 years and therefore only use original parts.
This does not apply to tires, rims, lowering springs, etc.
I always take the Kona to the official Hyundai dealer so it's always good.

If you always do maintenance at the dealer, you will also receive a new mobility card every year with which you get help on the road if something breaks down.
This card is free and has no time limit so they even help you with a 10 year old car, the only condition is that you have it serviced at the dealer.
The above applies to both Hyundai and Kia in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Yes, we certainly have, but that is for cars from 4 years old and then annually.
Parts simply through the dealer or the internet.
Remember the warranty of 5 years and therefore only use original parts.
This does not apply to tires, rims, lowering springs, etc.
I always take the Kona to the official Hyundai dealer so it's always good.

If you always do maintenance at the dealer, you will also receive a new mobility card every year with which you get help on the road if something breaks down.
This card is free and has no time limit so they even help you with a 10 year old car, the only condition is that you have it serviced at the dealer.
The above applies to both Hyundai and Kia in the Netherlands.
WOW, that kind of "lack of freedom" on what you can do to your car would be hard to choke down for me. But then again, the USA is trying to be taken over by authoritarians, it may be coming our way too. That is if they succeed. They have not walked through the civil war trip wire YET.

921 - 940 of 949 Posts