Hyundai Kona Forum banner
901 - 920 of 953 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
new wheels. Flow One f5 flow formed wheels.
19lbs each 😍.

View attachment 5663
And I bet you can notice you have better acceleration too. Mine are heaver flow forms at 21.5 lbs and I noticed a difference with that.

Reactions: Mrak

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Limited EV
15 Posts
Changed the cornering lights to led (3000k). Passenger side was a pain with the wiper fluid reservoir in the way. Best comparison on what it looked like before is that tiny amber bulb near the led strip. EVs don’t get fogs so I’m quite happy with the color choice. We’ll see what other little things I can change to my liking.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Next time if you want, you can skip going through your turbo by pulling off the line at the throttle body that goes to your brake booster.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona 1.6T Premium
33 Posts
I think the most effective way is to remove your MAF-sensor and inject it through this hole and it will go straight to the intake valves.
That's how I do it.

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
768 Posts
Next time if you want, you can skip going through your turbo by pulling off the line at the throttle body that goes to your brake booster.
Not really, as the brake booster line isnt connected to the intake manifold, it has its own electric vacuum pump sitting on the front side of the engine/transmission. Easiest way if you have a catch can is to the port on the intake manifold itself, just fill the can, and rev it up.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Not really, as the brake booster line isnt connected to the intake manifold, it has its own electric vacuum pump sitting on the front side of the engine/transmission. Easiest way if you have a catch can is to the port on the intake manifold itself, just fill the can, and rev it up.
It is to the throttle body, pop that line off and in she goes through the vacuum nipple.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Emptied the catch can @6k miles. About the same amount as @3k miles. Dman this catch can is doing its job.
I've heard of people putting in an oil catcher, does it really save your engine in the long run? I'm not overly car savy but I'm looking for ways to save my Kona for a long time by keeping up with maintenance and machinal repairs. I do keep up with regular oil changes, do you have to change your oil more or less with a catcher in?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would hope so. I saw this GTI on youtube with a crap ton of carbon deposits just @10k miles. The can was a very easy install, takes about 5 minutes to take off incase you want to take the car in for warranty stuff.

901 - 920 of 953 Posts