Hyundai Kona Forum banner

801 - 820 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
My point was there are no documented cases of this happening (that I could find), I was wondering if you knew of this actually being out into practice.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
No, I just read it here or there that it has happened. So easy to do and if there is an accident, and a judge would sign in a heart beat. Most will be fine, I have not needed a camera in the car in my 57 years, why do I need one now? I don't get all bent out of shape if someone cuts me off, and insurance is there if I need it. Now in a 2nd and 2.5 world country, yes that makes sense.

·
Registered
315 Posts
No, I just read it here or there that it has happened. So easy to do and if there is an accident, and a judge would sign in a heart beat. Most will be fine, I have not needed a camera in the car in my 57 years, why do I need one now? I don't get all bent out of shape if someone cuts me off, and insurance is there if I need it. Now in a 2nd and 2.5 world country, yes that makes sense.
IMO, there is a need for this information, and it can easily be managed so that it can only be used to help your case. Most Dash Cams use removable media to store the recordings. The easy answer is to use a small size media 4-8 GB, that will only record the last couple of hours or so, and then it automatically writes over the prior recording.

Lets face it, all you want is documentation of the last hour or so BEFORE and incident occurs.

We use Black Vue cameras and they work really well.

Personally, I wouldn't drive without one anymore.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
IMO, there is a need for this information, and it can easily be managed so that it can only be used to help your case. Most Dash Cams use removable media to store the recordings. The easy answer is to use a small size media 4-8 GB, that will only record the last couple of hours or so, and then it automatically writes over the prior recording.

Lets face it, all you want is documentation of the last hour or so BEFORE and incident occurs.

We use Black Vue cameras and they work really well.

Personally, I wouldn't drive without one anymore.
Good idea!, a very small media chip. Last hour.....how about last 15 minutes.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Good idea!, a very small media chip. Last hour.....how about last 15 minutes.
Depending on the specific camera, and the image quality, and the file size, you can pretty easily figure out what size card to use. Small cards are cheap too. You just make sure they write over the previous recording on a loop basis, each time when the card is full. I suspect that is a standard, but it could be different based on manufacturers implementation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love these. My Limited is Thunder Grey with the lime twist trim inside so I think Red, Blue or white would look stupid. BTW, did you get the whole set for all the doors and cupholders, etc??
I've got Thunder Grey with lime trim as well. I just ordered the green ones. Hopefully they will look ok. If not, I'm going to return them for black. I agree that the other colors wouldn't look very good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
when you get idiots doing this kind of thing... what you don't hear is my horn/me swearing like a true canadian, me flipping him the bird, because he didn't stop at the stop sign, and i wasn't even going the speed limit(steeper hill than it looks).

or encounter stuff like this... though far more often it's whitetail here.

the convo with the OPP kinda went like this:
"hi, i want to report some cows on .... road"
"did you say cows?"
"yep..."
at that point both me and the dispatcher were giggling, told them where and they sent someone out to deal with the escapees. the poor guys looked so confused and having farm experience i wasn't going to go near them with my baby, though the way the cams work, they look further away than they really are.

today i caught a truck with a cherry picker going partly off road right in front of me(he took a curve too tight and sent half of the back of his truck off into the snow and barely recovered it)... you can bet he was awake after that(probably needed new pants too). yes, if you drive like an idiot causing/getting into an accident, your own dash cam can be used against you. the trick is, don't drive like an idiot. they can only use what is directly involved in the accident, not anything from a few hours before.

Reactions: habs33

·
Registered
8 Posts
last week, tint and racks, this week, wheels from my last car,18x8.5 Avid AV26s Hyper Black wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 245/40/18s, today ordered some blue and carbon Fiber trim for interior, and a blue exhaust tip, next week, sub install and front tint strip

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had remote start installed and led low beams installed. The shop we use solders all the connections. Most use t-taps. Well pleased, as usual.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4wd
6 Posts
Took my 3 week old bright orange Kona Ultimate for an unplanned ride in the NJ Pine Barrons, ….had to get out on the house...cabin fever. Just heard that the New Jersey Coronavirus "House Arrest" has been extended through the end of April. Solo living sucks!!

·
Registered
2019 SE sonic silver
71 Posts
Took my 3 week old bright orange Kona Ultimate for an unplanned ride in the NJ Pine Barrons, ….had to get out on the house...cabin fever. Just heard that the New Jersey Coronavirus "House Arrest" has been extended through the end of April. Solo living sucks!!
I'm from NJ, living in Indiana, and i wish more states would follow NJ's lead. I think you should send me a video of your Kona going through the barrens 🤣 I miss home. I go for a drive when i get stir crazy too.👏👍

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 4wd
6 Posts
What part of Indiana, many years a I lived just outside of Louisville...Jeffersonville, IN was right across the river!!. I I'll take some pictures next trip!!

·
Registered
2019 SE sonic silver
71 Posts
What part of Indiana, many years a I lived just outside of Louisville...Jeffersonville, IN was right across the river!!. I I'll take some pictures next trip!!
I'm far west side of Greenfield 😊

801 - 820 of 841 Posts