Hyundai Kona Forum banner

781 - 800 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very nice!! I love those window deflectors. Only issue I've had is the 3M tape at the mirror has a tiny gap in the sections and allows water to drip through onto the window sill at the mirror controls. Pushed in a small dab of silicone sealant and will monitor closely when it rains again. View attachment 3087
I now have the same issue as you lol, I am going to replace the 3M tape when it gets warmer outside.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I now have the same issue as you lol, I am going to replace the 3M tape when it gets warmer outside.
Oh...no kidding. lol. Yeah, I should have noticed it during installation. So far, I think the silicone sealant did the trick. It's been a pretty dry fall and early winter here in the PNW, so not much rain.

·
Super Moderator
914 Posts

Yesterday’s journey with the 1.6T 2 lanes roads, hwy doing 80 mph.
no sport mode.. and a few hwy blasts from the on ramp up to speed..
not really trying for mileage.. yet the Kona keeps on impressing..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got some 3M wrap installed on the roof, mirrors, a-pillar, around the DRL and on the ledge forward of the upper hood grille. Also put on the snow tires (directional BFG Winter T/A...yeah, about 2 weeks late on that!) on a set of black alloys. Weathertech mats are on the way, and some hydraulic hood pistons.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got some 3M wrap installed on the roof, mirrors, a-pillar, around the DRL and on the ledge forward of the upper hood grille. Also put on the snow tires (directional BFG Winter T/A...yeah, about 2 weeks late on that!) on a set of black alloys. Weathertech mats are on the way, and some hydraulic hood pistons.

did you do your wrap or someone else? i really want a black roof on my blue toy and i love the look around the lights/fake vent/mirrors. i went with black hub covers on steel for the winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
did you do your wrap or someone else? i really want a black roof on my blue toy and i love the look around the lights/fake vent/mirrors. i went with black hub covers on steel for the winter.
Hi, I paid a guy who did commercial wraps, but was just starting out on his own doing custom non-business wraps. It took around 8 hours, just him... I think he did the Kona roof hanging from the ceiling of his shop, "Mission Impossible" style. Very happy with his rate and attention to detail - even the area under the rear window spolier was done with an invisible seam.

I think the Blue Konas can be delivered with a Thunder Grey (?) roof. I like that and the gloss black, either would look great with Blue, even gloss white roof I think goes with Blue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, I paid a guy who did commercial wraps, but was just starting out on his own doing custom non-business wraps. It took around 8 hours, just him... I think he did the Kona roof hanging from the ceiling of his shop, "Mission Impossible" style. Very happy with his rate and attention to detail - even the area under the rear window spolier was done with an invisible seam.

I think the Blue Konas can be delivered with a Thunder Grey (?) roof. I like that and the gloss black, either would look great with Blue, even gloss white roof I think goes with Blue.
where is he located?
nah... i'm doing the black/blue theme all the way, no chrome or grey.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed a dash cam! Don’t know how I feel about this one though. It’s brand name is YI. Any recommendations for a good one if this one doesn’t work out? All wires are hidden along top and down side pillar.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Installed a dash cam! Don’t know how I feel about this one though. It’s brand name is YI. Any recommendations for a good one if this one doesn’t work out? All wires are hidden along top and down side pillar. View attachment 3639
this is the one i'm using, it's survived one canadian winter already.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The police and insurance companies can use them against you and they do. No more sport driving, all of a sudden you have 4-8 tickets after confiscation. Every event can be a separate ticket.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The police and insurance companies can use them against you and they do. No more sport driving, all of a sudden you have 4-8 tickets after confiscation. Every event can be a separate ticket.
Do you have an example of when this has happened?!

And we noticed reviewing your dash cam footage that you ran a stop sign a few hours earlier so there is a citation for that.

That would be insane - and how does your insurance company know you have a dash cam?!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Do you have an example of when this has happened?!

And we noticed reviewing your dash cam footage that you ran a stop sign a few hours earlier so there is a citation for that.

That would be insane - and how does your insurance company know you have a dash cam?!
In an accident and a cop sees you have a dash came they can confiscate it as evidence of the accident. If you deny, they can get a seach warrant, that can take a couple of hours to get. And you cant erase it because forensics will show you did it recently. The insurance company can then see it too, since they are paying out and it is now case information. If you are sport driving on some back roads and you clearly are speeding. I guess I will pass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not worried about it. More worried about someone claiming an accident was my fault when it was not. Besides that it is against the law for your dash cam to be confiscated unless a crime (not a traffic infraction) was committed.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I found this..

Yes. If the law enforcement agency believes that the dash cam video has probative value they will request you give it to them and/or they will get a warrant.
In investigations, I've requested and received warrants for videos, medical records and blood work. For example, let's say that you are on video driving recklessly prior to collision. A police officer sees a video camera in the car and he suspects you were filming your own violations, he will get a warrant for the footage, which can then be used in court.
Video footage can cut both ways. The point being I'd be on my best behavior if I'm filming myself.

781 - 800 of 811 Posts