Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old dog here not to familiar with all the new chemistry out there. Just used McKees soap m437-690, and coated with Sio Coating M37-630. Ended up with water spots, probably because I started on the roof top and hosed off below ! Hood ended up with lots of spots. In the past I used general car wash stuff and a professional simple spray and wipe stuff. That was great for a year easy. Have to get the name, but not over the counter sold to my knowledge. Mean while my Mckees stuff shines nice, but rain water beads up like one inch puddles all over, just does not run off ? So started this thread for all to compare notes. Drift I get is, a nano bond hydro/ simply spray and wash type finish (3-4 months), or a polish wax coat applied and buffed (6 months), to final ceramic finish coat applied (1 year) ? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I generally use any car wash available at the local auto supply. The key is after the wash, "clay" the car to get rid of all the grime residue (really makes a difference). Then use a good quality sealant like Klasse, Wolfgang, or Jetseal. After the sealant has cured (12 to 24 hrs), apply a good quality wax. The rain will bead up w/o the wax but using it improves the shine and gives a bit more protection.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Old dog here not to familiar with all the new chemistry out there. Just used McKees soap m437-690, and coated with Sio Coating M37-630. Ended up with water spots, probably because I started on the roof top and hosed off below ! Hood ended up with lots of spots. In the past I used general car wash stuff and a professional simple spray and wipe stuff. That was great for a year easy. Have to get the name, but not over the counter sold to my knowledge. Mean while my Mckees stuff shines nice, but rain water beads up like one inch puddles all over, just does not run off ? So started this thread for all to compare notes. Drift I get is, a nano bond hydro/ simply spray and wash type finish (3-4 months), or a polish wax coat applied and buffed (6 months), to final ceramic finish coat applied (1 year) ? Thanks.
Water spots were probably not your fault. If you washed the car at home, it's just the hard water. Soft water is better for rinsing and doesn't create the spots or at least minimizes them.:smile:

Generally better to use a high pressure brushless carwash withe the final rinse in spotless. However, you can purchase a soft water converter for the hose or high pressure washer for home use.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
244 Posts

https://www.autogeek.net

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
McKee37 did answer some questions, but vague. Says the quick hydro blue will build up layers and water will run off faster. Puddles will not move until vehicle moves. Emails did not seem warm and fuzzy from em, like I bothered to ask questions !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Personally, I've used Jetseal sealant and have had no issue with "puddles". Rainwater just beads up & runs off, Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts