Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly I'm planning on ordering a grill with the chrome look to add onto my car.

Secondly, I'm going to order silver plastic pieces that stick onto the door to simulate that silver piece that runs along the bottom of the doors. (P.s. is that silver piece a part of the door or is it actually removable?)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My question was, is there anything else that I could reasonably do to the exterior to mimic a higher trim Kona? Without paying an arm and a leg?

The thing is, in Canada, if you want front wheel drive, it doesn't come in a package that comes with chrome and silver accents. I don't want all wheel drive for fuel saving purposes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, where do people get OEM replacement car parts? I tried looking online but couldn't find OEM car parts. Will car repair shops have their sources?

I'm a newbie to car ownership.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo and Welcome!

As far as exterior aftermarket parts, check eBay under Hyundai Kona, aliexpress.com & Shark Racing. Look at the thread; "What did you do to your Kona today," It will give you some ideas on what is possible.

I wouldn't start removing anything till I checked with you dealer first once you purchase the Kona.

Lastly, OEM parts are available thru the dealer as the Kona is fairly new to the North American Market. When it comes to repair parts, the only parts available thru aftermarket sources are remanufactured at present. You'll have a 5 year 100K warranty thru Hyundai that covers all the necessary items. Repair shops will utilize remanufactured parts or order direct from a nearby Hyundai Dealership.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
96 Posts
You could always try reaching out to some local scrap/salvage yards as well. You could get lucky and find a premium model that's been written off and take all the chrome trim that you're missing. You could also go the route of getting various parts wrapped. I haven't seen that side molding sold separately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts