Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an off-topic thread to get into the heads of our members here and have us share a bit about us. What do you all currently have in the garage or driveway? Me and my spouse are sharing a 2015 Accord Coupe which is why we're looking for something a bit bigger now. She's always wanted a small SUV/CUV whatever you call em' and just knowing that we'll be alternating, I had to get a say in it too haha.

What do you guys have currently?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's only a short list: 2016 F250 Superduty 6.2L crew cab, 2014 Subaru Forester, 2013 Hyundai Elantra, recently wrecked 2013 Hyundai Veloster and my "toy", a 1989 Buick Riviera Luxury Edition

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hope everything is alright from the accident, wrecking vehicles is never a fun thing at all. Some photos of that Riviera would be cool though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thought you'd never ask:

My precious...........

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy ****. That touchscreen for one is just amazing for that time firstly. Secondly, that thing looks so minty fresh it's insane. You must take real good care of it!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
It's all original with 56k. I don't drive it much but I do fawn over it! Get this: I just listed it on a very popular site to get a downpayment for a Kona! (I'm sure administrators dislike mentions of sites like E**y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
56k ?! Now that is insanity.

I would be extremely depressed selling it though, didn't want to part with any of the others??

·
Registered
27 Posts
The F250 4X4 is for towing the travel trailer, the Subaru and Elantra really belong to the other half, and we both know what happened to the Veloster. I'm not pleased about selling the Riv, but I won't give it away, either. After deductables and out of pocket expenses aside from loss of wages, the downpayment has to come from somewhere. Glad I have time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah, I know what you mean and you gotta do what you gotta do. The time will be helpful though so I would enjoy her as much as you can !

·
Registered
164 Posts
My precious...........
I wouldn't be surprised if you get some decent coin for it since we seem to be coming to a time where those will appreciate in price. Although not nearly as desirable as other older American cars. Keep us posted on how much it sells for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I got about what I paid plus what I put into it. Because that's how I have fun, rejuvenating older cars, I broke even and that's just fine. I now have my 2018 KONA Limited AWD pictured in GALLERY, and a new toy, a 1995 Buick Century woody (vinyl) station wagon with the almost never seen leather interior in remarkable condition. I'm leaving this one original and unrestored. I'll try to get some photos up.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
:grin:2017 Genesis G80 Ultimate & 2018 Kona Ultimate:grin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ford Transit Connect SWB to haul the dogs around (two Irish Wolfhounds) and my Factory Five Roadster (AC Cobra replica) for sunny days. Currently building a 1950 F1 custom truck. Probably get it done summer 2019.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Gave up a toyota 2007 Matrix theory with 183k, still running good. 2012 subie outback with 38k, and a chev colorado pickup 2007 143k. Piaggio 500cc three wheeled scooter 2007 20k & and 2003 Honda Goldwing with 29k miles. Been waiting on my Elio motors, now put off another year !

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
I like it! You'd have a blast out here with all the trails and mountains.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Sure looks great! Haven't seen on in a long time. Great job!!

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have 2012 Ford 150, basic truck for hauling, my wife has a 2010 Hyundai Accent for running back and forth to work and then the other love of of my life and money pit a 1968 Pontiac Beaumont which I am modifying to bring me back into teens...........

1 - 20 of 24 Posts