Hyundai Kona Forum banner

What are you comparing the Kona to?

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  JR KONA 
I have always liked Honda’s after owning several of them through the years.. The HRV was on my short list
As well as the Mazda.. I checked out the Toyota but ruled it out as boring and slow..
The Mazda felt light and smooth.. but lacked some basics .. The HRV surprised me as Honda kind of
Skimped on quality and materials with this one.. Was just too plain and clunky and pricey for what you get..
My GF recently bought a new Kia Sportage EX.. I was impressed with the build quality and value of the Kia..
So for the first time ever... I went to the Hyundai dealer to check out a Kona.. test drove it and bought it the same day..
While the Kona lacks some of the nicer interior materials and such ... Overall the car is a great value! A turbocharged engine and DCT make this a bargain in performance and value.. Great build quality and performance allows me to forget about
Some of the hard plasticity bits used in the interior...

Bad-Papa, how's it going there for you all? Are you flooding at all? Sure hope everything is ok! We're thinking and praying for you all everyday.

Blessing and Peace
Doing well thanks !! We had some local flooding in my area.. some roads are still closed here..
I faired well and had no downed trees and no water issues.. I’m situated on a hill so I have
Good drainage and the Kona stayed dry in the garage.. We lost power for a day, but that was it.
We were quite lucky as some of my neighbors had damage.. Thanks for asking !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.