Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I’m the owner of a 2021 SEL+ AWD with around 800 miles on the clock. I’m not sure if it’s always done this but it’s very noticeable. Occasionally when coasting at low speeds I’ll feel this strange resistance in the drivetrain, almost like the transmission shifted down a gear. The engine revs a bit higher for a few seconds. Then it stops with a clunk and it continues coasting like normal. Has anyone else encountered this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. My partner and I bought a 2018 Limited with only 80 miles on it in January 2020.

I am not 100% sure if what you're describing is what I am thinking of, but I have indeed noticed some occasional strange behavior in our Kona with what seems to be the transmission to me. Sometimes, while in idle at a traffic light for example, I will notice a fairly subtle vibration of the entire car and the air conditioning will "stutter" for a second during this after which all returns to normal within a second or two.

It essentially feels almost like an oncoming stall that never happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. My partner and I bought a 2018 Limited with only 80 miles on it in January 2020.

I am not 100% sure if what you're describing is what I am thinking of, but I have indeed noticed some occasional strange behavior in our Kona with what seems to be the transmission to me. Sometimes, while in idle at a traffic light for example, I will notice a fairly subtle vibration of the entire car and the air conditioning will "stutter" for a second during this after which all returns to normal within a second or two.

It essentially feels almost like an oncoming stall that never happens.
What you are referring to is normal. You are noticing the engine bog momentarily as the AC compressor kicks on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all! I’m the owner of a 2021 SEL+ AWD with around 800 miles on the clock. I’m not sure if it’s always done this but it’s very noticeable. Occasionally when coasting at low speeds I’ll feel this strange resistance in the drivetrain, almost like the transmission shifted down a gear. The engine revs a bit higher for a few seconds. Then it stops with a clunk and it continues coasting like normal. Has anyone else encountered this?
The strange resistance makes me wonder if you've inadvertently activated the DBC. That could create a drag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts