Hyundai Kona Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
We have had the same issue. It is horribly scary and it makes me nervous to drive the car as it absolutely can not be good for the transmission to drop like that! We also took it to the dealer, who was unable to replicate the problem, so were unable to fix anything. I did write to Hyundai corporate (through their website) and think that is something that everyone should do. The more feedback they get on it, the more likely they will issue a recall for what is obviously a faulty sensor! Contact Us | MyHyundai is the link to submit a complaint/comment to Hyundai.

· Registered
2 Posts
Here is the link to report this to the NHTSA (US Dept. of transportation). Report a Safety Problem | NHTSA

If everyone that has had this problem reports it, it will trigger a recall. They can't fix what they don't know about and I got the feeling that each dealer only sees a few of them and they just chalk it up to "can't replicate". I definitely do not feel comfortable driving long distances on the highway (I am in sales, and this is my business car, so that is ALL I really do!!)

· Registered
1 Posts
2020 Kona SEL, will be driving and the front collision warning light comes on. within seconds the transmission shifts to 3rd (?) gear and stays in that gear. I have NOT experienced the brakes being engaged. The shift, especially at highway speed results in rather dramatic shudder in the car, especially when at higher speeds. Conditions have been clear, daylight and night, smooth roads and no cars or objects nearby. This happened 6-8 times in the last few weeks. First time at dealer, they could not replicate the problem. They told me to bring it back and they could escalate the call to a technician at corporate. Car is currently at the dealer, so I will hopefully have news soon. In the meantime, if anyone is having this problem I was able to work around the bone jarring transmission downshift. Immediately upon seeing the warning light I have taken my foot off the gas and put the trans in neutral. This action turned the collision light off and I was able to put it back in drive with no issues.

· Registered
89 Posts
2018 awd luxury 2L

i get the FCA alert being blocked a lot and that's due to stupid sensor location, a wet leaf even touching it, will trigger it and so all winter it goes off. i have had the whole "i'm going to stop right NOW" and just the "hey there's something there! we're gonna slow down", go off several times and no reason why. gave up after the first couple of years going back to the dealer over the issue. it is absolutely terrifying to go from 120 to 0 for no reason on one of the 400's series hwys here. i wrote to hyundai and several dealers through 19/20 and none of them could replicate it. i have newer closer dealer now who seems more on the ball, next time it happens i will take it to them and get the ball rolling again.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts