Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
My hope is I won't need it, but a large number of people look at forums for help especially from a DIY perspective.
Every forum I was part of has a DIY section where people post write-ups on various procedures - as probably a whole lot of you folks know already. You learn stuff and if you perform some procedure that hasn't been published yet (or you have an easier way to do thing), you pay it forward and help others by making/providing a write-up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have only had the collision thing kick in twice in the same maneuver, trying to weave around a slow driver in the fast lane in heavyish traffic. And it feels like the trans is coming OUT. But mine went back to normal as soon as I was done with my little move.

·
Registered
229 Posts
When the FCA Camera Blocked Message appeared, LKA kept functioning. I thought there was only the one camera on my windshield? Seems to happen in the Winter. Windshield was clear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2020 Kona SE AWD and have a problem with a Check Forward Collision Sensor error that happens infrequently. When it happens, you get a ding then on the dash in a large graphic "check forward collision sensor" then BANG the brakes are applied for a split second and the car violently drops into 4th gear and will stay in 4th gear until the car is shut of with key and restarted.
This has happened 9 times in the last 6 thousand miles. Been to the dealer twice and they cannot recreate the problem, so they can not fix anything according to Hyundai policy.
When this happens, its feels like a collision. It is scary and magnified at highway speed. It has happened at highway speed and low speed, both day and night.
Please respond if you are having similar problem so I can report to dealer.
I have the same model and year and it happened me to 3 times, twice on the highway (day and night, with no snow or other obstructions). This is a definite recall waiting to happen as the failure is causing a safety issue. I'll be contacting my dealer, as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I printed many threads like this and took to dealer. It does look like the Inhibitor switch could be the problem. No code no fix, cant recreate problem no fix. When the problem happens I call dealer and they say I have to get a appointment I do then they say nothing is wrong. I have called Hyundai customer service got a case number but no help. I have asked for a quote to replace inhibitor switch with no reply. Need help !
I’m going thru the same **** and Hyundai doesn’t care. They are closing my case because it didn’t happen at the dealer. Can you give me more info on the part you replaced and is your car still good?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’m going thru the same **** and Hyundai doesn’t care. They are closing my case because it didn’t happen at the dealer. Can you give me more info on the part you replaced and is your car still good?
Yes not a single problem since replacing inhibitor switch aka neutral safety switch. Purchased from rock auto. Part number on box is ns666. Found video on YouTube on how to replace. It's a 15 min job. No issues at all for past 7000 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This has happened to me four times in the last six months, all on the highway. It's terrifying. The first couple of times, I had no idea what was going on. Now, at least I recognize it and know what to do. But I'm afraid that one of these times, something awful is going to happen.

It happened to me again today and I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Mine's a 2019 Kona.

I have a 2020 Kona SE AWD and have a problem with a Check Forward Collision Sensor error that happens infrequently. When it happens, you get a ding then on the dash in a large graphic "check forward collision sensor" then BANG the brakes are applied for a split second and the car violently drops into 4th gear and will stay in 4th gear until the car is shut of with key and restarted.
This has happened 9 times in the last 6 thousand miles. Been to the dealer twice and they cannot recreate the problem, so they can not fix anything according to Hyundai policy.
When this happens, its feels like a collision. It is scary and magnified at highway speed. It has happened at highway speed and low speed, both day and night.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This has happened to me four times in the last six months, all on the highway. It's terrifying. The first couple of times, I had no idea what was going on. Now, at least I recognize it and know what to do. But I'm afraid that one of these times, something awful is going to happen.

It happened to me again today and I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Mine's a 2019 Kona.
It’s very scary. I fought with Hyundai to fix my car and it has been at the dealer since end of April they called last week and said they ordered new rear bumper sensors. Hopefully it works idk
I’m scared of it now

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s very scary. I fought with Hyundai to fix my car and it has been at the dealer since end of April they called last week and said they ordered new rear bumper sensors. Hopefully it works idk
I’m scared of it now
I'm due to go on a week-long road trip in early July. I really appreciate this forum because I can tell the dealer what to look for and, hopefully, fix.

·
Registered
2019 Lake Silver Kona Ultimate
64 Posts
When the FCA Camera Blocked Message appeared, LKA kept functioning. I thought there was only the one camera on my windshield? Seems to happen in the Winter. Windshield was clear.
Have had this on occasion here up North as well, but have attributed it mostly to a wet, sloppy snowfall, covering the sensor (blinding it) I "believe" the sensor for that, is in that place below where the front license plate is. Often gets caked with slush. (Thinking a good coating of bug protein could throw that same code if not removed...) 🐞🐜 Did yours say "Camera" or "Radar"? The one on mine usually says "FCA Disabled. Radar Blocked". Fortunately, I've not (yet) experienced the massive downshift/brake maneuver...

·
Registered
1 Posts
After no help from dealer or Hyundai. I replaced the inhibitor switch myself. Very easy replacement and now after 2000 miles I have had no problems. I want to thank this board and its members. so far so good. Will update if I get to 5000 and no issues.
After no help from dealer or Hyundai. I replaced the inhibitor switch myself. Very easy replacement and now after 2000 miles I have had no problems. I want to thank this board and its members. so far so good. Will update if I get to 5000 and no issues.
Can you please share where the inhibitor switch is and part number for others to DIY?

·
Registered
11 Posts
mine came on today on the way to the dealer to have the piston ring recall checked out. it came on for about a minute n then it went out. however, the brakes were NOT applied. this has happened before...🤔

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just got a 2022 N-Line. Driving down the interstate today and the “emergency braking” or whatever it’s called, engaged. Scared the living **** out of me. It breaks pretty darn hard! Was random too. Nothing in my site that should have activated it. Anywho…is this possible to disengage? Thanks!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts