Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I use Apple CarPlay in my Kona frequently. I often initiate it by pushing the Voice Recognition button on the steering wheel.

It appears that after the latest update to the infotainment system, instead of using a short press of the button, I have to use a long press of the button. This is different than how it was before.

Now when I short press, it activates the Infotainment system's voice recognition instead of activating Siri.

It's not a huge thing, just annoying because I've been using it the other way for almost three years and my brain is trained to just short press it. :)

I poked around in the menus on the Infotainment system, but I can't find any setting that looks to control the button's behavior when short presses versus long pressed.

Has anyone else had any luck changing it back to the way it was?

Thanks!
Michael

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found this same issue in both our 2019 Kona and our 2020 Santa Fe after the last update. I hadn't discovered the long press solution though so thanks very much for that! I also just confirmed that you can simply say "Hey Siri" and issue an appropriate iPhone command without having to press the voice command button at all. I'm not sure if this is using the car microphone or the iPhone's so maybe it won't work if you're listening to loud music... but it's at least another way to get Carplay to do what you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this same issue in both our 2019 Kona and our 2020 Santa Fe after the last update. I hadn't discovered the long press solution though so thanks very much for that! I also just confirmed that you can simply say "Hey Siri" and issue an appropriate iPhone command without having to press the voice command button at all. I'm not sure if this is using the car microphone or the iPhone's so maybe it won't work if you're listening to loud music... but it's at least another way to get Carplay to do what you want.
Thanks for the response! I with they was an option to set the long/short press option. :-(

I have found the "Hey Siri" to be hit or miss in my car. It could be my loud music I suppose. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts