Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, came across a Veloster N the other day which was delivered to a Centennial Hyundai in Las Vegas, NV. It is the 275 HP version with the Performance & Centennial package. MSRP is $29,995 but the catch here is they want

This I had to laugh at. They wouldn't budge on the price, nor would they even talk about the price. This is the type of price gouging and greed that ruins new car releases. It also puts a black mark on the specific dealer and Hyundai themselves. Hyundai released the price at its introduction thru several top auto magazines ie; Car and Drive/Road and Track @ $29,995 just as the sticker demonstrates. Dealers are now taking advantage of their particular allotments. I've already talked to my dealer and showed them the results from Centennial Hyundai in Las Vegas. This is not considered by Hyundai as a limited production Veloster, nor has it been designated as such.

We are very interested in purchasing one but not at artificially inflated prices as this.

I'm posting this to make you aware of dealers who are willing to take advantage of their perspective customers.

Pretty sad to see how some dealers are just to greedy to deal with.:sad:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
308 Posts
This is more than just a Hyundai dealership practice, limited edition or not dealers all over the country mark up vehicles that are hot sellers or something they view as special - even our Kona when we bought it had a $2500 'market value adjustment' listed on the car and when I asked they flat out admitted it was because it was a fast seller. Examples of this go way back and dealerships do it and hold on to the vehicle simply because one person will walk and pay it because they want the vehicle that bad.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Very nice looking and a big thumbs up to Hyundai "N" division.

However even Hyundai needs to know how their dealers are inflating the cost of the "N" model.

Hyundai, are you reading. Feel free to weigh in anytime if you like.:smile:

If dealers are permitted to do this with the up and coming Kona "N" it will kill its sales.:mad:

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This is more than just a Hyundai dealership practice, limited edition or not dealers all over the country mark up vehicles that are hot sellers or something they view as special - even our Kona when we bought it had a $2500 'market value adjustment' listed on the car and when I asked they flat out admitted it was because it was a fast seller. Examples of this go way back and dealerships do it and hold on to the vehicle simply because one person will walk and pay it because they want the vehicle that bad.
I agree! We purchased a Ford GT500 Shelby at MSRP but many dealers wanted between $10K - 20K mark up. They sat on the vehicles for literally years before they were sold. It hurt the sales of the GT500, the individual dealerships and Ford as well.:smile: The issue here is, the "N" model is not being touted by Hyundai as a limited addition. Jus a performance version from the "N" Division of Hyundai.

Also the Centennial package is from the dealer not Hyundai. This is another $1700 dollar mark up. What a shame!

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
308 Posts
But it won't hurt the sales and I would almost guarantee that Hyundai Corporate (and every other manufacturer) already knows of this practice...bottom line, people will pay it that is why they do it.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Understand, but I certainly won't. Haven't ever up to this point don't plan on doing so either. One caveat; I believe some people will but not very many.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
829 Posts
I sure hope they get 10 buyers holding MSRP cash in front of them and say here you go, call me when you want to sell it for MSRP. If I was Hyundai and wanting to get their name out as a performance company, as they are TRYING to do. Hyundai should squelch this markup BS ASAP!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
If I was in the market for one......I sure would be tempted to grab a picket permit from the local police and have a 4ftx4ft sign made up saying this dealer price gouges on their cars. See how they like the taste of that.

·
Super Moderator
920 Posts
They do this every year with corvettes and other low volume production models..
nothing wrong with it.. if people are willing to pay.. then why shouldn’t The dealer capitalize on it?
Some people are willing to pay the premium price to be the first on the block with a new toy.
Nothing wrong with that or with the dealer trying to make some extra money on it. Let those few pay
The extra money so other people can get a “deal“ once in a while.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here, here!!:grin:

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, just got back from my dealer. $32K is as low as they will go on the Veloster "N". No loyalty discounts either. Just a $500 military discount. I might have gone for it, they could have it next week but they wouldn't come off the transportation cost of $700 from Missouri. So we'll wait. Hyundai dealers are getting pretty proud of it and so is Hyundai. When they've had to set on them for months, the price will eventually come down. Highest I've seen advertised is 38K+ at the moment. There are only 19 in the country as of today.

The 2.0 275 hp is a nice engine but with an MSRP price tag of $29,885 and wanting over that, it's just not worth it.

Blessings and Peace

·
Super Moderator
920 Posts
At that power level, I would prefer a RWD car .. Its got some nice hardware to help with torque steer, with a limited slip
diff and electronic "brake pinching".. im sure its loaded with other safety crap and nannies for torque management...
You dont need one anyways.., lol.. We are all waiting for you to do your kona mods...
Car guys... We need help..

Well, just got back from my dealer. $32K is as low as they will go on the Veloster "N". No loyalty discounts either. Just a $500 military discount. I might have gone for it, they could have it next week but they wouldn't come off the transportation cost of $700 from Missouri. So we'll wait. Hyundai dealers are getting pretty proud of it and so is Hyundai. When they've had to set on them for months, the price will eventually come down. Highest I've seen advertised is 38K+ at the moment. There are only 19 in the country as of today.

The 2.0 275 hp is a nice engine but with an MSRP price tag of $29,885 and wanting over that, it's just not worth it.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd like it to be AWD but no chance. Maybe with the Kona N when it's available.

I'm working on them this weekend, given some decent weather.:smile: We had a really good Blizzard last week which is unusual for us. We had 3 foot drifts in the front and back yards.

Had to take a break from spending while she's on furlough. Soon as the wife gets off furlough, I'm going to purchase the tuner! It will be fun as we drove a Veloster Ultimate and it was quick with 201 hp. The tuner ought to bring the Kona hp up to 220+.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, isn't that the truth. Time will tell if they sell them at a mark up or not. Right now all 19 are still for sale no one has bought one yet. Noting this, the Kona N when available will likely have the same markups. Hyundai and their dealers can be as proud of them as they choose but that's not going to sell them.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well got a phone call today from the dealer. Said they'd come up $1000 on the trade but will not sell the Veloster N for less than the $32K. No loyalty discount, except for all other Veloster models, excluding the N. Loyalty Discount for the Veloster is; $1750.00. They offered $22K for my Ultimate in trade stating it was a gift so to speak and KBB is $22,554-24,554. I opted for the higher.

Tried to tell me they were only getting one and I know they are getting at least two. Tried to play the limited addition game and I cut it short quickly. I simply told him MSRP and my Kona trade-in at $24,554. Nothing more or less. Doubt it will happen or both of us will go for it anyway. Rather have the Kona N ,then the Veloster N. The Veloster isn't near as comfortable or trimmed out as nicely.

Blessings and Peace

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:grin:Ha Centennial dropped the price to $34K. They must have seen this thread. They are still one of the most expensive listed. in the country.

Car Guru's has got a bunch of them listed with 250 hp and are either over prices or at MSRP. One particular dealer in Utah is offering one w/the 275 hp performance pack but you have to give them $100 for a raffle. if you win they give the $100.00 back. They have 8 raffle tickets sold. So that's $800 over MSRP already. What a bunch of greed people. It's not good enough to sell them at MSRP $29,885, they've got to get more and they're willing to try anyway to get it too. What a rip off!

It's going to leave a bad taste in perspective buyers mouths. Ro they're willing to ruin their reputations as dealers, for the sale of one or two Veloster N's. Good luck with that! Are you listening Hyundai!!

Blessings and Peace

1 - 20 of 28 Posts