Hyundai Kona Forum banner

USA N Line is AWD

5K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  El Comandante 
#1 ·

N Line
For the KONA enthusiasts.

Get ready. 2022 KONA N Line is about to turn up the fun. With a 195-hp 1.6L turbocharged engine, available All Wheel Drive, and race-inspired everything, this SUV brings the fast-shifting sport performance you expect from N Line.”

#4 ·
Two levels of performance. Same racing DNA.

Race-inspired design and enhanced performance.
N Line⁠

N Line models are outfitted with styling and performance upgrades that set them apart from standard trims. The sporty design elements boost both looks and aerodynamics. With more power, better handling agility, and premium tires, each vehicle makes driving an invigorating rush. Along with superior performance, N Line maintains a balanced combination of tech, safety and comfort.

Track-ready power, engineering and technology.
N⁠

Honed by rigorous testing, N models are created for enthusiasts who crave high performance. At the heart of every N is our most powerful engine, which you can hear through the crackle-and-pop of the exhaust notes. The suspension, transmission, limited slip differential, steering, and brakes are built for maximum driving dynamics – and each can be adjusted for a more personalized driving experience. Even the design gets your pulse racing with N-exclusive badging and aggressive styling.

#5 ·
We have been aware of the N Line for quite some time , even before the full N was announced if I recall correctly.

I’m sure it will be a peppy little SUV but it’s far from a full N. I also wonder if it’s still going to have the same dry 7 speed DCT or if that gets an upgrade as well.

I’m gonna hold out for the N AWD if they ever do release one. I see no reason to get a FWD Kona.

#6 ·
I just saw this from Driving.ca

Hyundai has spilled the beans about the power team intended to motivate its upcoming performance-oriented Kona N. The machine being billed as the company’s first ‘high-performance SUV’ will be available with an eight-speed wet-type dual-clutch transmission.

This transmission is based on a modified version of its so-called 8DCT, an eight-speed, wet-type, dual-clutch transmission that was developed in-house. Hyundai says the gearbox has received enhancements in durability, permitting it to handle the demands of high-performance vehicles such as the Kona N.

It seems it will also sport the 2.0L Turbo from the Veloster N DCT Trim.

Count me in if it will come in AWD.

#11 ·

N Line
For the KONA enthusiasts.

Get ready. 2022 KONA N Line is about to turn up the fun. With a 195-hp 1.6L turbocharged engine, available All Wheel Drive, and race-inspired everything, this SUV brings the fast-shifting sport performance you expect from N Line.”
How can I up grade my Kona 2020 1.6T to 195hp ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.