Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

Kona is about a week old and I'm wondering if you are having the same issue that I am with the speakers.

The 's' sounds playing from all sources seems harsh with the ssssss really being apparent.

Is this just break-in period or me being picking. Reminds me of old AM radio.

Any feedback would be great.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Go to your setting and adjust the treble, bass and midrange. Sound's like the treble is set to high.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That didn't do the trick. Feel free to go to 112 on Sirius (CNBC) and see if you can hear the same.

Dropping Treble to -10 did nothing. Anyone else with this?

·
Registered
370 Posts
That can be a production problem, CNBC, NPR, etc all have personalities that are horrible with the hard S - generally a result of lack of a pop filter/good pop filter when recording. Not much that can be done on the listening side if that is the root cause.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
That can be a production problem, CNBC, NPR, etc all have personalities that are horrible with the hard S - generally a result of lack of a pop filter/good pop filter when recording. Not much that can be done on the listening side if that is the root cause.
Agreed, broadcasting even satellite radio, TV, even cable, just like internet speeds are variable at best sometimes. Radio waves and even satellite are subject to all sorts of atmospheric disturbances and em interference.

You can't adjust the dial anymore like you used to with a variable rheostat dial. Digital signals have no variable adjustment so they can't be fine tuned in. Hence you can be a few MHZ off sometimes depending upon the signal strength from the broadcaster. This in itself, can create static and other listening problems.:smile:

Blessings and Peace

1 - 5 of 5 Posts