Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a Limited FWD Kona.
I was wondering what are the two plastic pegs on the floor between the passenger seat and the door opening.
I’m posting mobile and I don’t see how to posted a picture of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like a cosmetic part should snap over the two pegs. Is there anything in same spot on drivers side (like gas cap or hatch release)? If so, maybe the car is produced for both L and R hand drive, and in either case a cosmetic piece covers up the un-used side.

I don't have a KONA, yet.....so can't look at mine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My guess would be that it could be for the floor mats to hold them in place. Though I don't know why they would extend so far beneath the seats.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Looks like a cosmetic part should snap over the two pegs. Is there anything in same spot on drivers side (like gas cap or hatch release)? If so, maybe the car is produced for both L and R hand drive, and in either case a cosmetic piece covers up the un-used side.

I don't have a KONA, yet.....so can't look at mine.
It looks like that but there is nothing on the driver's side to "match" it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My guess would be that it could be for the floor mats to hold them in place. Though I don't know why they would extend so far beneath the seats.
No, not for floor mats...this is on the side between the door plate and the side of the seat...it is just kind of odd.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a gas door release on the left side that is very close in position to those pegs. I agree with Dezlboy that it's likely there for right hand drive models.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a gas door release on the left side that is very close in position to those pegs. I agree with Dezlboy that it's likely there for right hand drive models.
I will double check, but pretty sure on the left side/drivers side the gas cap lever is up ahead of the seat. This is between the front and back seat mounts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
After asking one of the service managers in Beaverton OR, he stated since all the models are of one concept and build meaning no variations it would be a design for the European model having the steering wheel on the right and could be for an additional safety or equipment since it is 2 small bolts that are attached to the body.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was back a the dealer for oil change (and my wife got a Tucson) and I asked our very informed salesman about the pegs. He hadn't noticed them. He said it was not for the sub :) or a European style steering or the gas lever. All the others in the showroom had them (so that baffles me that no one else has them on here) but he said he would try to find out what their purpose is.

·
Registered
51 Posts
two plastic pegs

I have them on my fwd sel tech pkg surf blue kona.....

I was back a the dealer for oil change (and my wife got a Tucson) and I asked our very informed salesman about the pegs. He hadn't noticed them. He said it was not for the sub :) or a European style steering or the gas lever. All the others in the showroom had them (so that baffles me that no one else has them on here) but he said he would try to find out what their purpose is.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts