Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible/fairly easy to have the rear fog light turned into a reverse light.
I find it hard to navigate as the back right hand side doesn't get lit up enough.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
386 Posts
I wonder if it wouldn't be more helpful, and less dodgy with the authorities, to tap into the other reverse light with a mounted white LED? When I lived in the UK, I had to retrofit my vehicle with an mounted fog light - you could follow this same principle and get a low profile LED.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I changed the very dim very yellow US reverse bulbs to very very bright LED.
Check your owners manual for the correct bulb for your car also check lumens for the led's more is BETTER.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The USA doesn't have a rear fog light like Europe and others do. Can someone please take a full rear shot with the running light on for both shots, with and without the rear fog light on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it possible/fairly easy to have the rear fog light turned into a reverse light.
I find it hard to navigate as the back right hand side doesn't get lit up enough.
Thanks in advance
Hey mate,
It's not too much work to convert the fog into a reverse light, however I find my lighting still insufficient.

Only require a piggy back clip and wire really. Pull bumper off and cut the fog lead, joining to a wire that you will run across the back of the bumper to the other side. Piggy back onto positive and seal them up! To replace the bulb you may have to shave off one of the prongs as an offset 12v 21w isn't easily found in clear/white.

While I had the bumper off I piggybacked some extra wires and cable tied down near the exhaust in case I decided to put in another reverse light, which I will now. Won't have to take bumper off a second time so will be easier!

Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts