Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone out there experience the same? I have a 2018 Kona 1.6 turbo, dual transmission, 4wd., currently have 28,000 just over 2 yrs. old. On the freeway the car lost acceleration, smoke coming out of the exhaust. It's under warranty so it's covered, I was told the turbo broke causing oil to smoke in the exhaust. Dealership is replacing the turbo, gasket, spark plugs. I was considering purchasing when my lease is up next year, now I'm having 2nd thoughts? Any input from my Kona family?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone out there experience the same? I have a 2018 Kona 1.6 turbo, dual transmission, 4wd., currently have 28,000 just over 2 yrs. old. On the freeway the car lost acceleration, smoke coming out of the exhaust. It's under warranty so it's covered, I was told the turbo broke causing oil to smoke in the exhaust. Dealership is replacing the turbo, gasket, spark plugs. I was considering purchasing when my lease is up next year, now I'm having 2nd thoughts? Any input from my Kona family?
It happens. Turbos are another failure point.

·
Super Moderator
1,046 Posts
First turbo failure I read about on these cars.. they seem very reliable and with oil cooled bearings And other oversight.. they should last as long as the engine..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I need to update my issue regarding my 2018 Kona 1.6 turbo previously written with a Turbo problem, initially the dealership accessed the turbo went out, needing a new turbo, gasket, spark plugs. They changed the diagnoses, 1 of the fuel injectors went out, causing smoke coming out of the exhaust. This was a much easier fix than the original diagnoses. They gave me a car rental, covered by warranty, nothing on paper work & I asked how much this repair cost... $500.00. Thanks for the people who wrote in... just wanted to clarify a better outcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts