Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the showroom today, the Kona looked small next to a Santa Fe. Out on street, it seemed just about perfect.

I immediately put down $1000 for a future electric model. We leave Canada during winters but one should be waiting upon our return in April 2019. I last bought a vehicle in 1996 and I'm still driving it. Looking forward to that new car smell.

I came here in hopes of learning things and to meet other owners.

Dennis

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you one of the lucky ones Dennis? Do they have your preferred model in stock? I’m waiting for a 1.6t Trend but no idea how many days, weeks, or months the wait will be.

Good point regarding the Santa Fe comparison. I have a SF Sport which feels like a tank compared to the Kona. Looking forward to better fuel economy and lower payments. A salesman at my dealership owns a 1.6t Ultimate in Acid Yellow. He claims to get better than factory mileage estimates. Says he often gets 7-7.5 l/100 km while driving at 115-120!

Richard

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh, there'll be no electrics delivered in Canada until at least the fall. It's okay as I won't take possession until next April. It turns out well because we go to less rainy places for winter. I needed to put the deposit down to ensure I can snag one of the elusive rare things.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

I couldn’t wait for the EV here in Ontario....not to mention that the PCs just killed the rebate program we had here. Need to get my VW Golf diesel back for it’s by back.....goodbye VW..hello Hyundai.

Trend turbo in Tangerine on the way, now hopefully early August!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

I couldn’t wait for the EV here in Ontario....not to mention that the PCs just killed the rebate program we had here. Need to get my VW Golf diesel back for it’s by back.....goodbye VW..hello Hyundai.

Trend turbo in Tangerine on the way, now hopefully early August!
I have a friend up in Toronto that suggests the used car market is taking off due to moves like that. Easier to save money when you can already see it with your initial purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts