Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2019 ultimate with 18,000 miles. The dealer service person told me the 15K service includes throttle body cleaning for a cost of $190.00 And takes 1 to 1 1/2 Hours. According to service person it requires the throttle to be taken apart and manually cleaned with a solvent. I did not get it done. Looking for input from the group about this service. How important? Does the cost sound reasonable? Any alternative methods? Etc.
thanks

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
981 Posts
Cost isn't bad, its mostly labor since the intake has to come out, the top section of the cold pipe, clamp off the 2 coolant lines, disconnect the plug, remove the 4 bolts, and carefully remove so you can reuse the gasket. Then clean it, reinstall in reverse operation.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Have a 2019 ultimate with 18,000 miles. The dealer service person told me the 15K service includes throttle body cleaning for a cost of $190.00 And takes 1 to 1 1/2 Hours. According to service person it requires the throttle to be taken apart and manually cleaned with a solvent. I did not get it done. Looking for input from the group about this service. How important? Does the cost sound reasonable? Any alternative methods? Etc.
thanks
BS profit center at 18,000 for a throttle body. A can of TB cleaner at $8.00 is what I would do. Too much BS stuff the dealer wants to do before a 30,000 mile common sense point of doing preventive maintenance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cost isn't bad, its mostly labor since the intake has to come out, the top section of the cold pipe, clamp off the 2 coolant lines, disconnect the plug, remove the 4 bolts, and carefully remove so you can reuse the gasket. Then clean it, reinstall in reverse operation.
Thanks. But how critical is it at 18000 miles? some Highway driving but mostly local driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts