Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Ditched a 2014 Ford Fusion SE AWD (yup I'm a Saskatchewan based Canuck) for the Kona Ultimate in Lake Silver... or blue tinted grey when the sun isn't out. Love every inch of it save for that exhaust where it looks like they ran out of money/ideas/patience and rushed to the finish line. Tested everything under $35K and the Kona won out by being more rally car and less jeep which is perfect for any family with a Z71 Avalanche(black on black and yes they look perfect parked side by side). Given its segment and the competition therein, #morepedalandlessbrake should be the Kona's official hashtag.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats on the new Kona and welcome to the forum! Will you be replacing the OEM exhaust or are you just going to live with how it looks/sounds?

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Mahalo!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello Neighbour. I got the Ultimate in Lake Silver in May --must be a Canadian only colour --it is more blue than I expected. But no issues so far --I would have liked a little more headroom so I could have the seat higher and look over the hood a bit better and rest my elbow down not up on the window sill --but I'm getting used to it.

Now looking for winter wheels and tires.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
The Moonroof is your friend!:grin: Shaquille loves sunroofs:wink::grin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fugly exhaust has wife fixated.

Congrats on the new Kona and welcome to the forum! Will you be replacing the OEM exhaust or are you just going to live with how it looks/sounds?
Sorry for the late reply but work and a lake with bugger all for service ran interference. The wife wants it pulled for the approved dual exhaust kit, PRONTO!!! She pointed out the exhaust while standing at the foot of our driveway. "That's so @#&*ing ugly!", the exact quote.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toss me a DM when you find something. With the snow/salt/-50 we can get here, I'm looking for a rim that's easy to clear. We had a Chevy HHR whose rims hid a kilo of ice buildup nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts