Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I will test drive the Hyundai Kona Electric on Th Sept 13 (in the Netherlands). Please let me know in the thread if I need to find out something for you.
I already noted the roof rack, bluetooth connection in other threads. Also let me know if I need to make pictures...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jack,

Pictures please of “engine” etc .

Let us know if it feels “heavy” in the corners or just how it handles. I am assuming it’s heavier.

Enjoy the drive....he future is finally here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello I am new to the forum. We have a Kona EV on order in Vancouver. I have enjoyed all of the Bjorn Nyland videos of the Kona EV. I have been reading the UK Kona EV forum, and a few members have gotten their cars over the past few days and all is positive so far. I would like to know how you feel it handles especially if it is rainy. Your impressions of the LFA and the ACC would be great. Pictures of the interior with two people seated to gauge the roominess would be good with description of the size of the occupants i.e. height and weight. Enjoy your road test!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Test Drive done. Happy that I ordered one before summer. "Delivery of new orders will take more than a year", the dealer said. I'm expecting mine by end of March 2019...

Test drive feedback
1. It was sunny, so no rainy test results
2. Not heavy in the corners at all - I believe low gravity center helps here. I drove in comfort mode when testing. (Note: I have an Opel Ampera 2013 now, and the Kona feels more agile)
3. Smart Cruise Control:
a. First set up Cruise control
b. Then select distance for SCC. Done. Easy as that. (Advice: First SCC try: choose distance 4...)
4. I'm 1,80 m, and could easily sit behind myself. Spare headroom: approx 5 cm.
5. Still no info on tow hitch possibilities
6. Roof rack is possible
7. Set up bluetooth connection, pairing: takes 20 seconds. Easy.
8. There is enough room under the hood to create a 'frunk' (see other forum: https://www.speakev.com/threads/kona-gets-a-frunk.127544/)
9. What a nice car. It doesn't feel small at all (but we're in Europe, and a bit more used to 'smaller' cars).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The forum did not allow me to upload 'big' pictures...
So now in one go some (small) pictures to support my feedback...

Attachments

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
Thank you Jack appreciate the information and photos. From the top of your head down to your eyebrows you look like Jeremy Clarkson. Not meant as a insult at all.

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the information from your test drive Jack. All positive comments which is reassuring. We ordered in July in Vancouver, BC. Last week we received an email with a bit of an update saying we are on the list and it could be October, November, December or January lol. Says it depends on where we are on the list. I think we are sort of in the middle. So maybe before Christmas. We ordered Ceramic Blue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I appreciated getting that email. Being in a queue sort of make the purchase more real, like it will actually come to pass. I'm going to be away for the winter, so I hope to get a late VIN although I gave the deposit mid-July. I wrote to the tiny email address of [email protected] as listed on the bottom of my Sep 11th message. It bounced but 'replying' worked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts