Hyundai Kona Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
will post pics after install and test runs.
Yours came with new clamps? Or did you purchase those separately? I re-used the old ones...something SXTH is adding perhaps.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats! Did you remember to use Super Hold hair spray as an end fixer, just before you re-install everything? I didn't the first time and month later on a jackrabbit start I popped a tube off and lost power with lots of hissing. Runs, but you loose all boost or course.
Where do I spray the hairspray onto?

·
Registered
238 Posts
On the outer ends of the resonator delete pipe, and also in the tubes that the delete pipe goes into. On those, I spray it onto my finger liberally and then wipe the inside of the tube and spread it around the lip about an inch in. Do this all quickly as the spray sets in about 10 seconds. If you can, do one side at a time as you re-assemble. Here's a video explaining it. Remember to let the hairspray set for 24hrs before pressurizing the system.

Reactions: justatree

·
Registered
45 Posts
nice! i might do this mod as well. where is this part located on the ultimate? under the hood or under the car?

edit: yea i took a quick look under the hood and didnt see anything :(

·
Registered
45 Posts
so i have a friend who could install this for me and he is a mechanic and he said this....are the clamps really tamper proof? i can't reinstall the stock piece before returning the car after my lease is up?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
so i have a friend who could install this for me and he is a mechanic and he said this....are the clamps really tamper proof? i can't reinstall the stock piece before returning the car after my lease is up?
Were you able to find the location of the pipe? it's right behind the engine cover by the firewall. Also I've heard something else about the caps. That its only there from the factory when they torque down the clamps and that they break off to be more efficient. I feel like if you pop it off you should have no problem? I've brought my car in for warranty work and they didn't notice it. But I feel like it isn't worth the hassle if your car is on lease. I ended up ripping up my hands because those clamps have like a cheese grater design on it and when moving it, it starts pulling at your skin. Other than that, it's a 30 min instal with a little bit of elbow grease.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts