Hyundai Kona Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mine is imperceptible when stopped with windows closed but I'll admit that my hearing is not great. I wouldn't be too surprised if the volume had been increased on later models because I've noticed that mostly only children hear it when I'm driving around parking lots and look for where the flying saucer is about to land. I suppose I'm lucky I have a switch.
We'll have flying cars before NZ gets around to implementing it as a required feature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I find that this thread did not go where the topic creator originally wished for it to.

Personally I drive an Ioniq EV 2017 where I can jam a piece of paper into the VESS button to simply disable it until further notice. However, a relative of mine bought a Kona EV 2020 and was surprised that the VESS button is missing and it is stuck forever sounding like a vacuum cleaner from space.

What is the conclusion on the easiest way to disable this noise machine? It is of the EU model so assuming previous thread entries in here are correct, the speaker is located further down in the car's front than in the NA model?

Is it possible to disable via some OBDII "hack", or is the only option to physically get to it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hello,

I find that this thread did not go where the topic creator originally wished for it to.

Personally I drive an Ioniq EV 2017 where I can jam a piece of paper into the VESS button to simply disable it until further notice. However, a relative of mine bought a Kona EV 2020 and was surprised that the VESS button is missing and it is stuck forever sounding like a vacuum cleaner from space.

What is the conclusion on the easiest way to disable this noise machine? It is of the EU model so assuming previous thread entries in here are correct, the speaker is located further down in the car's front than in the NA model?

Is it possible to disable via some OBDII "hack", or is the only option to physically get to it?
There are videos and photos and Kiwi is correct. Pulling the plug is the best option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are videos and photos and Kiwi is correct. Pulling the plug is the best option.
But that requires quite a lot of removal of the front of the car, or
you can reach your hand in in over the support where the radiator would be under the black plastic part of the front cowling near where the bonnet release is. The retaining clip faces towards the back of the car.
Terrific, just the kind of video I was missing. I'll give it a shot when I have the chance. Thanks! :)

41 - 48 of 48 Posts