Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got back from a 1800 mile drive in my Kona SEL and was surprised to find
34.5 mpg on the highway. FYI I was driving in cruise control mode at 80 mph most of the time
from Florida to Atlanta Georgia to coastal Georgia and back to Florida. Other times I was in
cruise control at 55-65 mph.

That was with the heater running as it was pretty cold. I noticed with the AC running it was getting about 31 mpg. Would also like to note that I found the seats extremely comfortable for 90% of the entire road trip.

And if its any help to others: the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 tires were superb. (replaced the OEMs)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar results over the summer. My father and I took a day trip, around 220 miles round trip of mostly highways. We stopped to fill up before making the journey home, and I got 34.5mpg on that half-tank. Better fuel economy than I got on the '14 Forte this car replaced

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
I average 37.93 - 36.75 MPG on highway trips.
36.75 if using AC and 37.93 MPG without (Translating to 6.2L\100 and 6.4L\100)

It's better than the smaller car it replaced.

·
Banned
1,278 Posts
It will get better as you put on some mileage.

@@raptorspike; Mahalo and Welcome!:smile:

Blessings and Peace

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazing

I average 37.93 - 36.75 MPG on highway trips.
36.75 if using AC and 37.93 MPG without (Translating to 6.2L\100 and 6.4L\100)

It's better than the smaller car it replaced.
that is amazing mpg. I thought the vehicle was rated at 32 hway. Do I remember right or not?
No matter near 38 mpg for an SUV albeit a sub compact one that is really a raised hatchback :)

·
Super Moderator
276 Posts
is this what the car is saying or hand calculated?
On Our 98 Octane (93 RON for you Americans) the trip computer and calculations are very, very close.
I usually calculate by hand and compare it to the car, I always fill to the first click at my local service station. (BP)

On our 91-94 Octane (87 RON) E10 fuel... the trip computer is wildly inaccurate and differs hugely.

Will still show 6.2-6.4L/100 for my usual trip up the coast and have really used 6.6-7L/100

Our fuel prices are down to reasonable levels right now, so 98 octane fuel is back in use (at about $4.14 A Gallon at todays rates)

·
Registered
222 Posts
On my hand calculations I've seen it go into the 40s, and that was driving around a high elevation national park, not on flat land, lol. So it does get pretty efficient. This is with the 2.0l engine and 87 octane fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts