Hyundai Kona Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Ultimate trim level comes w/ 8 speaker sound system. Just wondering if anyone has installed aftermarket speakers including subwoofer that doesn’t take up any space. If so, what kind, and setup did you go with?

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I know the Ultimate trim level comes w/ 8 speaker sound system. Just wondering if anyone has installed aftermarket speakers including subwoofer that doesn’t take up any space. If so, what kind, and setup did you go with?

The sub seems to be in a nice little space that could be up-gradable with the right parts.

I'll be keenly hunting for a sub and grille on eBay as soon as people start totaling their Kona's

Sadly, the Sub is missing in ALL Australian trim levels.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was thinking about getting one of the small self-contained units that can be mounted under a seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts

The sub seems to be in a nice little space that could be up-gradable with the right parts.

I'll be keenly hunting for a sub and grille on eBay as soon as people start totaling their Kona's

Sadly, the Sub is missing in ALL Australian trim levels.
I wonder if there is wiring behind that spot already to install a sub without having to run wire?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I tried to pop it out when I installed the cameras the other night,
Ill get my plastic pry tools in there tomorrow and take a good look.
I also wonder the same thing about the center front – speaker. My limited model does not have the middle – speaker but my wife’s Tucson does.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wonder if they are using this OEM part from the Tucson?
Hyundai Part No.: 96380-D3000
SPEAKER ASSEMBLY-SUB WOOFER

Hyundai 96380-D3000 SPEAKER ASSEMBLY-SUB WOOFER

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Why not wait until the part is available for the Kona? It maybe already available and I believe thats where I'd start first instead of retro fitting another part that may not fit properly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never said I was going to purchase the OEM part, just wondering if it was the same part that’s all. Nothing more or less. Just starting conversation and seeing if anyone had any information.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Also keep in mind adding a sub woofer you will have to add in a amplifier , I would start with upgrading the poor factory speakers first and then decide if you need a sub. One of the many plans in the works is speakers but also unsure what until someone can find what the factory stereo has for watts per speaker which I assume is 10 less?

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Just a thought was all. Thought you might be attempting the install with another OEM part number. Didn't read it well enough. Read better next time.:wink:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No probs. Many of things I want to do to my Kona are down road anyways. My funds are very limited 🤣! I just like gathering as much info as I can, sort through it, and make the best decision that I can.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
Absolutely!:smile:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried to pop it out when I installed the cameras the other night,
Ill get my plastic pry tools in there tomorrow and take a good look.

Did you have any luck finding the answer to those cords? I've never tried to add a sub or amp to a vehicle so I'm completely new to all of this and the cords being present would be very helpful. Maybe I could find a kit of sorts to fit a sub in to that spot.

On a similar note, does anyone know where the amp would be stored in those models that have it from factory? I'm curious to know if the wiring might be present for that as well. I want to hook up an amp but I have only just begun to look in to them so all I know is that I need to find a way to hide a couple wires and a place to mount it. I don't even know how to connect them to the stereo yet.

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
Did you have any luck finding the answer to those cords? I've never tried to add a sub or amp to a vehicle so I'm completely new to all of this and the cords being present would be very helpful. Maybe I could find a kit of sorts to fit a sub in to that spot.

On a similar note, does anyone know where the amp would be stored in those models that have it from factory? I'm curious to know if the wiring might be present for that as well. I want to hook up an amp but I have only just begun to look in to them so all I know is that I need to find a way to hide a couple wires and a place to mount it. I don't even know how to connect them to the stereo yet.
AMP lives under the right seat.
(drivers in Australia, Passengers in Europe/US)

I have not been able to chase down the rear location yet.

I am going down the path of a contained sub/amp combo that is going to live under one of my seats.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
The subwoofer in the Ultimate is located in the rear, on the passengers side, where it is absent in all the subsequent models.

·
Super Moderator
264 Posts
I am going to dig in more detail shortly to find if any of the cables exist in the lower models.
Even tho I have the TOP-SPEC model in Australia, we don't get the premium sound.

I was going to steal signal for the sub from the rear door speakers and run it via the existing grommets and make my own pigtails to make it fit without modifying anything.
Due to the ~13A draw of the sub I am going for, I am just going to use a Fuse Tap on a spare Fuse (i still have a few spare)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts