Hyundai Kona Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

Registered
I ordered gave deposit 2023 Kona Preferred Sun/Leather on April 5, 2022. I currently have 2019 Kona. Have not had any emails from Hyundai on my order. Few weeks ago called my dealer in Regina, was advised I'm number 61 in Canadian Kona order queue. How that works out in factory queue unknown. Hope it arrives before winter!
Let us know once u received 馃憤馃徎

Registered
I ordered a Kona Electric in November last year with expected delivery in February. It is now almost August, and I still don't have it. I get a different excuse from the dealer every time I ask. This has ranged from a semiconductor shortage, it's a long way to Korea, Covid 19 and many more. The latest is that Hyundai are holding all electric vehicles at the port in the UK before dispatch to the dealers with no specific reason for this. Can anybody shed any more light on this?

Registered
Ordered a Kona Preferred on March 10th this year. I thought I was ordering 2022 but now I'm wondering if I'll get a 2023 instead? Started at 89th on the que. As of June 6th I was 45th still. A few weeks ago (about June 15th) I asked what would happen if I changed colours and added sun and leather - it bumped me up to 17th! As of yesterday I was 3rd..... STILL WAITING! 20 weeks and not in production yet.

Registered
Ordered a 2023 N line w/o the ultimate package in Jeju on July 28th. Was told on Aug 1st that it is now built and on the boat. Should arrive September 11. Much faster then expected. Dealer was saying end of October when I placed the order. But they did say that the less popular colours tend to arrive faster, whatever that means鈥

Hope that brings some hope to people who are also waiting.

Registered
In my post of July 21st I noted my dealer advised me I was #61 in Canadian 2023 Kona order queue. I seem to now have dropped down to #74 dealer gave me a different position. Unsure how that happened. 馃 I'm kinda losing hope of seeing this car this year. By the time I might get it the 2024 could be taking orders.

Registered
I got one email from Hyundai Canada August 18th saying my order was with factor scheduled build date same month Aigust 2022. I have received no other emails.

Sept 3rd my dealer told me I got a VIN gave me vin & my car was shipped, currently at sea. Estimated arrival at dealer in Regina, Saskatchewan Canada mid October 2022.

If my car gets delivered Oct 15th I will have waited span of 3 seasons (spring' summer, fall) total 197 days that is almost 7 months. I ordered a 2023 Kona Preferred sun/leather April 2nd.

I'm hoping I get my new Kona when there is still no snow.

Registered
I got one email from Hyundai Canada August 18th saying my order was with factor scheduled build date same month Aigust 2022. I have received no other emails.

Sept 3rd my dealer told me I got a VIN gave me vin & my car was shipped, currently at sea. Estimated arrival at dealer in Regina, Saskatchewan Canada mid October 2022.

If my car gets delivered Oct 15th I will have waited span of 3 seasons (spring' summer, fall) total 197 days that is almost 7 months. I ordered a 2023 Kona Preferred sun/leather April 2nd.

I'm hoping I get my new Kona when there is still no snow.

Registered
I received an email also on August 15 saying it would be built in august. Heard from my dealership this week saying it was built and is awaiting shipping from Korea to Vancouver but no VIN number yet and no estimated time of arrival in Barrie Ontario. Looks like our cars might be on the same cargo ship!!!

Registered
July 28th.

Looks to me like they only started manufacturing them in late July early August. Any spot in a queue vs your build date is probably very dependent on when they are doing a run of your spec/colour and how many others ahead of you have ordered the same. Just a guess.
July 28th.

Looks to me like they only started manufacturing them in late July early August. Any spot in a queue vs your build date is probably very dependent on when they are doing a run of your spec/colour and how many others ahead of you have ordered the same. Just a guess.
What did you order? What you wrote makes total sense. I ordered a black essential on July 9 and my update this week is that it鈥檚 awaiting shipping from Korea which I interpret that it鈥檚 not on the ship yet鈥. Boy have I learned a lot about shipping and the complicated processes involved from tip to tail!

Registered
What did you order? What you wrote makes total sense. I ordered a black essential on July 9 and my update this week is that it鈥檚 awaiting shipping from Korea which I interpret that it鈥檚 not on the ship yet鈥. Boy have I learned a lot about shipping and the complicated processes involved from tip to tail!
N line w/o the ultimate package. In Jeju.

Registered
We ordered ours end of July and were told November 20th. Went in for Service on our Santa Fe 2 weeks ago and was told that now it's October 20th. Still no VIN or update from Hyundai or Dealer here in Nova Scotia.

Registered
I ordered my Kona on July 9 and I got an update today that it鈥檚 on the ship currently at sea and it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive to me in Ontario. I was also told that pricing has come in and that I鈥檇 be happy with it so I assume it came in less than forecasted so I have to go in next week to sign a new bill of sale. Cheers Shelley

Registered
I ordered my Kona on July 9 and I got an update today that it鈥檚 on the ship currently at sea and it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive to me in Ontario. I was also told that pricing has come in and that I鈥檇 be happy with it so I assume it came in less than forecasted so I have to go in next week to sign a new bill of sale. Cheers Shelley
Mine came in 500 over 2022 pricing. They had estimated 750.
Shipped August 15, arrived in Ontario at the dealer on the 3rd. Hope it's fast for you too!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts