Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got one email from Hyundai Canada August 18th saying my order was with factor scheduled build date same month Aigust 2022. I have received no other emails.

Sept 3rd my dealer told me I got a VIN gave me vin & my car was shipped, currently at sea. Estimated arrival at dealer in Regina, Saskatchewan Canada mid October 2022.

If my car gets delivered Oct 15th I will have waited span of 3 seasons (spring' summer, fall) total 197 days that is almost 7 months. I ordered a 2023 Kona Preferred sun/leather April 2nd.

I'm hoping I get my new Kona when there is still no snow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I received an email also on August 15 saying it would be built in august. Heard from my dealership this week saying it was built and is awaiting shipping from Korea to Vancouver but no VIN number yet and no estimated time of arrival in Barrie Ontario. Looks like our cars might be on the same cargo ship!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
July 28th.

Looks to me like they only started manufacturing them in late July early August. Any spot in a queue vs your build date is probably very dependent on when they are doing a run of your spec/colour and how many others ahead of you have ordered the same. Just a guess.
July 28th.

Looks to me like they only started manufacturing them in late July early August. Any spot in a queue vs your build date is probably very dependent on when they are doing a run of your spec/colour and how many others ahead of you have ordered the same. Just a guess.
What did you order? What you wrote makes total sense. I ordered a black essential on July 9 and my update this week is that it’s awaiting shipping from Korea which I interpret that it’s not on the ship yet…. Boy have I learned a lot about shipping and the complicated processes involved from tip to tail!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered my Kona on July 9 and I got an update today that it’s on the ship currently at sea and it will take 6-8 weeks to arrive to me in Ontario. I was also told that pricing has come in and that I’d be happy with it so I assume it came in less than forecasted so I have to go in next week to sign a new bill of sale. Cheers Shelley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts