Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey all, new to the forum. Ordered my Kona N-Line in mid November. The "estimated" delivery window of mid January came and went.. the new window is early March, but I received an email from Hyundai Auto Canada today saying the car shipped from the Korea factory on February 7th!re
My question for anyone who has ordered from the factory is, how long does it typically take from shipping date to dealer delivery? I live in Ontario Canada, so it will most likely be traveling from Vancouver to Ontario, once in Canada.
I am leaning towards buying an Ultimate and have 3 potential dealers with descent pricing. Each one quoting me 8-10 weeks, so this seems reasonable for you. What dealer in Ontario? What trim? Not sure I've asked you lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Still waiting.. lol.
Called the dealer this morning. The vehicle is in the country and currently in transit from Vancouver. They gave me a "rough" estimate of receiving the Kona mid to late next week. I'm happy this waiting game is almost over, but I'm confused as to why I never received emails from Hyundai Auto Canada regarding the vehicle arriving at Port and in transit to distribution center, like many others have received. Last email was February 11th saying the Kona has shipped.
So if anyone is factory ordering a Kona N Line from Korea to Ontario it could take up to 16 weeks, give or take, which will be the full timeline for me since I placed the order.
They have quoted me on 6-8 roughly. Am going to place an order tomorro in all likelihood so will see if anything changes or if ship time to Ontario is a bit better now? Depending upon your trim I may ask them to redirect to me, lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered the ultimate trim in Dive in Jeju colour. Trim and custom colour may add to the build timeline. The actual build went pretty quick once I was notified of my placement in the que, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also not sure of the shipping timeline from Korea since I was never notified when it arrived at the Vancouver port, but I've seen anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on other forums. The dealer did mention their main issue with delays right now is with the CN rail transport to distribution center. Hopefully the kinks are worked out and you get yours in the 6-8 week window.
So much for my plan...as of Feb 28th I am told dealers stopped taking orders on 2022 Kona's which means my pricing, etc, is now null and void. They will not offer me factory pricing, and full of crap

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh man, that really sucks. Apparently the 2023 model should be available this summer with similar pricing, if you can wait it out. Hope something works out for you.
I spoke to the guy at the dealer and he has pretty much said that to me. They are taking deposits, and expect production to begin in June. No word on any changes, likely a refresh. Maybe not a bad thing to be honest, let them iron out any kinds in the 22's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts