Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new to the forum. Ordered my Kona N-Line in mid November. The "estimated" delivery window of mid January came and went.. the new window is early March, but I received an email from Hyundai Auto Canada today saying the car shipped from the Korea factory on February 7th!
My question for anyone who has ordered from the factory is, how long does it typically take from shipping date to dealer delivery? I live in Ontario Canada, so it will most likely be traveling from Vancouver to Ontario, once in Canada.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey all, new to the forum. Ordered my Kona N-Line in mid November. The "estimated" delivery window of mid January came and went.. the new window is early March, but I received an email from Hyundai Auto Canada today saying the car shipped from the Korea factory on February 7th!re
My question for anyone who has ordered from the factory is, how long does it typically take from shipping date to dealer delivery? I live in Ontario Canada, so it will most likely be traveling from Vancouver to Ontario, once in Canada.
I am leaning towards buying an Ultimate and have 3 potential dealers with descent pricing. Each one quoting me 8-10 weeks, so this seems reasonable for you. What dealer in Ontario? What trim? Not sure I've asked you lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm nearing week 12, so that seems accurate. Thankfully it has shipped from factory, but I have no idea what the timeline is between the port of entry (Vancouver) and delivery to Ontario. I'm guessing they travel by CN rail so it will probably be a couple more weeks till it gets to me. Just really eager to my hands on it lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had to wait 6 -7 weeks but I didn't special order mine. When I got my Ultimate in the first week of Decemeber the delarer told me their next shipment wasn't even due to come in until mid February . . so it sound like that's pretty close to the way things are running. 8-10 weeks easily

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all. I,m in the UK and ordered my Kona 1.6 hybrid premium auto back in December 7th. here is my update from Hyundai customer services.

Ref: HMUK3388514

Dear Robert

Thank you for requesting to chat with Hyundai Customer Contact Centre. We appreciate your interest and apologies that we were unavailable at the time.

My name is Elizabeth and it is my pleasure to assist you with your enquiry regarding the delivery status of your Kona, order number, This car is currently 175th in the back order and is currently in non plan, meaning it will go into production in the next 4 weeks. Please allow 2 weeks production time, 6-8 weeks shipping and a further 2 weeks at Tilbury.

Our supply team did respond on 15th December with : This car is currently 175th in the back order and is currently in non plan, meaning it will go into production in the next 4 weeks. Please allow 2 weeks production time, 6-8 weeks shipping and a further 2 weeks at Tilbury.

This vehicle is currently in production stage. Once the vehicle is completed and goes to shipping, your selling dealership will receive the chassis number and at this stage will be able to track the order to them.

The estimated delivery to the dealerhsip is March 2022

Great i thought so started to make plans to sell my car around end of March 2022. then, after another request for an update on the 10th February i recieved the following.

Thank you for your email. I contacted our supply Team for an update on your order number 101124064, they have responded with the following:

This order is number 76 in the production sequence. This order is currently in non-plan which means in 2 weeks it will go into plan and a further 2 weeks before it goes into production. Please then allow 6 weeks for shipping and a further 2 weeks for prep at Tilbury.

I trust this information will assist you.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Bell.

Customer Query

Hyundai Motor UK Ltd

[email protected]
So first of all my car was in production and expected at the dealers mid March on the 17th January and on the 10th February it was in non plan. Someone is not telling the truth and the lack of information available is staggering in this day and age. I spoke to the dealer who doesn't have a clue when it will arrive but they are expecting a delivery mid April. I did a bit of research prior to ordering the car and there were concerns about Hyundai being uneconomical with the truth regarding deliveries but i chose to ignore them. Stupid? you betcha. Hyundai need to do better or don,t they care?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Still waiting.. lol.
Called the dealer this morning. The vehicle is in the country and currently in transit from Vancouver. They gave me a "rough" estimate of receiving the Kona mid to late next week. I'm happy this waiting game is almost over, but I'm confused as to why I never received emails from Hyundai Auto Canada regarding the vehicle arriving at Port and in transit to distribution center, like many others have received. Last email was February 11th saying the Kona has shipped.
So if anyone is factory ordering a Kona N Line from Korea to Ontario it could take up to 16 weeks, give or take, which will be the full timeline for me since I placed the order.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Still waiting.. lol.
Called the dealer this morning. The vehicle is in the country and currently in transit from Vancouver. They gave me a "rough" estimate of receiving the Kona mid to late next week. I'm happy this waiting game is almost over, but I'm confused as to why I never received emails from Hyundai Auto Canada regarding the vehicle arriving at Port and in transit to distribution center, like many others have received. Last email was February 11th saying the Kona has shipped.
So if anyone is factory ordering a Kona N Line from Korea to Ontario it could take up to 16 weeks, give or take, which will be the full timeline for me since I placed the order.
They have quoted me on 6-8 roughly. Am going to place an order tomorro in all likelihood so will see if anything changes or if ship time to Ontario is a bit better now? Depending upon your trim I may ask them to redirect to me, lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have quoted me on 6-8 roughly. Am going to place an order tomorro in all likelihood so will see if anything changes or if ship time to Ontario is a bit better now? Depending upon your trim I may ask them to redirect to me, lol
I ordered the ultimate trim in Dive in Jeju colour. Trim and custom colour may add to the build timeline. The actual build went pretty quick once I was notified of my placement in the que, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also not sure of the shipping timeline from Korea since I was never notified when it arrived at the Vancouver port, but I've seen anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on other forums. The dealer did mention their main issue with delays right now is with the CN rail transport to distribution center. Hopefully the kinks are worked out and you get yours in the 6-8 week window.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I ordered the ultimate trim in Dive in Jeju colour. Trim and custom colour may add to the build timeline. The actual build went pretty quick once I was notified of my placement in the que, so that shouldn't be an issue. Also not sure of the shipping timeline from Korea since I was never notified when it arrived at the Vancouver port, but I've seen anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks on other forums. The dealer did mention their main issue with delays right now is with the CN rail transport to distribution center. Hopefully the kinks are worked out and you get yours in the 6-8 week window.
So much for my plan...as of Feb 28th I am told dealers stopped taking orders on 2022 Kona's which means my pricing, etc, is now null and void. They will not offer me factory pricing, and full of crap

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So much for my plan...as of Feb 28th I am told dealers stopped taking orders on 2022 Kona's which means my pricing, etc, is now null and void. They will not offer me factory pricing, and full of crap
Oh man, that really sucks. Apparently the 2023 model should be available this summer with similar pricing, if you can wait it out. Hope something works out for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh man, that really sucks. Apparently the 2023 model should be available this summer with similar pricing, if you can wait it out. Hope something works out for you.
I spoke to the guy at the dealer and he has pretty much said that to me. They are taking deposits, and expect production to begin in June. No word on any changes, likely a refresh. Maybe not a bad thing to be honest, let them iron out any kinds in the 22's

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here in the US they also are super scarce. I wanted a Limited for my wife, but after seeing they have those super ugly fender appendages in black, learned that the N-Line is basically the same thing, but with those things painted. Therefore, I'm sure it has something else missing, but nobody knows. I learned there's no leather, but haven't been able to even see a photo of one on the inside, to see what kind of upholstery it has. But it didn't really matter, as dealer said there's absolutely nothing arriving for several weeks, except a red N. Since it'd also be at MSRP, I put a deposit on it for my wife, but not sure she's going to like it. She likes good handling cars, like the Mini, so hoping it's not too much. All other dealers not only not have any either, but want at least $2K over MSRP. No way in **** I'd EVER pay over MSRP, so that's a no-go for me. It should arrive later this week, so we'll see how the test drive goes. She also wanted white, but told her we can't get too picky nowadays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I just order a 2023 Kona, does anyone know how to track the order? Do they arrive in batches, or since I have ordered mine is goes into production? cheers!
I ordered gave deposit 2023 Kona Preferred Sun/Leather on April 5, 2022. I currently have 2019 Kona. Have not had any emails from Hyundai on my order. Few weeks ago called my dealer in Regina, was advised I'm number 61 in Canadian Kona order queue. How that works out in factory queue unknown. Hope it arrives before winter!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think when I ordered it 2023 Kona was not in production. Not sure if in production now. My dealer advised no point ordering 2022 because 2023 could show up not long after 2022. Hyundai Canada site has est. deliver "later summer 2022". I'm hoping that is true! I wish you a reasonable delivery time on your order.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts