Hyundai Kona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So,

I have managed to get a steering wheel from a Elantra that has the flat bottom.
Looks very similar to this.

My first mod is going to installing this wheel, it has the paddles.
Has anyone managed to get the paddles working on the Kona?
Or will I be the first to try.

Cheers,

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,234 Posts
I asked this question some time ago.. Looks like you might be the first to try it.
I see the parts being offered for paddles... but no other info on if they will work with the Kona.
I’m thinking since the gear shifter is just a switch for manual shifting... That the ECM might
See the paddles as the same input signal.. All depends if the steering wheel setup sends
A signal that the ECM understands.. looking forward to your findings..

·
Registered
2018 Kona limited.
757 Posts
So,

I have managed to get a steering wheel from a Elantra that has the flat bottom.
Looks very similar to this.

My first mod is going to installing this wheel, it has the paddles.
Has anyone managed to get the paddles working on the Kona?
Or will I be the first to try.

Cheers,

There is someone from the Kona Philippines facebook page that did the swap. They ordered the rear section on the steering wheel from South Korea, ill try to find the post again, and link it over here.

·
Super Moderator
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is someone from the Kona Philippines facebook page that did the swap. They ordered the rear section on the steering wheel from South Korea, ill try to find the post again, and link it over here.
Please do!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Was wondering if the steering wheel swap was ever done, tbh I'm looking at the custom versions of the Elantra flat bottom (has carbon and all that).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Was wondering if the steering wheel swap was ever done, tbh I'm looking at the custom versions of the Elantra flat bottom (has carbon and all that).
So apparently the core is different even though the elantra wheel looks the same (from what I've heard, when someone tried to do it). I'm waiting to source an over the seas Hyundai Encino flat bottom steering wheel (the chinese varient comes with black Limited and Ultimate wheels and a flatbottom steering wheel)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've sold to many Kona's owner and they installed successfully. Please take a look and pm me if you want to buy. All parts are genuine from Korea Mobis.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Someone on this site did it sometime in 2019 I think. I don't think it was the Philippino guy, I think it was a guy from North America somewhere. It's been done by many by now.

·
Registered
2020 black kona limited
130 Posts
I've sold to many Kona's owner and they installed successfully. Please take a look and pm me if you want to buy. All parts are genuine from Korea Mobis.

can you post the parts elsewhere besides social media?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Yea, I don’t do authoritarian social media that are following the pre-1933 “German” playbook.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts